REVIEW NO 2

The book we are going to review today is The Bennett Witch by avani_bhargava

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: The Bennett Witch

Author's account name: avani_bhargava

Main Characters: Samara Bennett, Elijah Mikaelson, Damon Salvatore, Bonnie Bennett

Description:

Samara Bennett is Bonnie's older sister. She comes back to Mystic Falls after some rather unfortunate events. What happens when you add former allies, lost friends, and new enemies into the mix.

Trust will be broken, battles will be fought and new relationships will begin. But how far she'll go for the bond of family.

Chapter Count: 39 and completed.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title is pretty simple but since there aren't a lot of Bennett witch stories so I suppose it's okay. Can't be categorized as cliche just yet and that is indeed a good thing.

2. The Cover:

To be honest, I loved the cover. It is simple, has a solid coffee brown background. The foreground is Samara and Elijah. The editing in the foreground is almost unnoticeable and the text color is most appropriate since it kinda matches Sam's dress.

In short words, the cover has the basic elements of a good/appealing cover. And a good cover kinda gauges the amount of readers that may approach.

3. Concept:

It was different and unique so it is absolutely a thumbs up from me. Not many people write on the Bennetts so this story in itself is a breakthrough.

People have a certain infatuation with writing about younger siblings of the canon characters. It was refreshing to see that this infatuation was not reflected in any aspect of the book. Samara is a Bennett, but more so she is Bonnie's older sister.

So that in itself is a great attempt at avoiding a cliche.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

I will try to summarize as much as I can without spoiling the story.

The story begins when Bonnie's Grams lifts off the spell from the tomb under pressure from Damon so that he could release Katherine. But Kath isn't there (you guys must be familiar with how it goes from then on) and in that case the Tomb Vampires escape instead. Since Grams is quite weak from the spell, she dies. Bonnie calls Samara, her older sister living in New York, to come as soon as she can to Mystic Falls.