Pep Talk (kinda)

I know most of you hate pep talks, but since I couldn't think of any other chapter to write about on this book for today so... Here you go!

True enough, there are a lot of guides on Wattpad and a lot of other books that tell you exactly how to write in the best possible way.

But let's face it.

Even if you read a lot of tips, that doesn't mean you will undoubtedly come up with a mind blowing story. And that also in only a few days or a few weeks.

Life ain't a bullet train, my friends, and success sure as hell is not in the least like a super fast machine. No. In fact its rather like that turtle which walks miles but ever so slow. Slower and slower.

Then you may ask that there are writers who plummet to success, fame and recognition all in one night? Yes, there might be some who fit in this category.

But one thing to keep in mind, there's a vast difference between being successful and being famous.

For example, the infamous Ebook My Immortal by Miss Gilesbie got so famous that it now has a page on Wikipedia. But that ain't called success because the only thing that book received was negative publicity.

And I know that none of us sincere authors want to get featured due to negative publicity.

No way.

Success is when not all people notice you but those who do, appreciate your work and want more. They get invested with your characters and fall in love with your story. And this is what true success is. When you reread your own book and don't find anything displeasing in it, then it is called success for you. Then you have reached your target of supplying the best you can to your readers.

Identify the difference between fame and success.

Don't write merely for getting reads but write for getting votes and comments, for giving readers a book that is worth their time.

***

Important Note: Rant books don't count in those books which I mentioned in this chapter. That's your opinion so it's gonna be flawed or it's gonna be perfect. Write rant books, sure, once in a while, people do want to know what you think.

***

That's all for today, I guess. Too much of a lecture, right?