REVIEW NO 6

The book we are going to review today is Broken Soul by geeksandfreaksfandom

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Broken Soul

Author's account name: geeksandfreaksfandom

Main Characters: Mackenzie Mikaelson, Klaus and Rebecca Mikaelson, Damon and Stefan Salvatore plus a few others.

Description:

Mackenzie Mikaelson's life has never been easy. She's had to deal with a hybrid for a father, uncles and an aunt always being in and out of her life (thanks to her dad) and an ex boyfriend well let's not start on him. But she's here, she's arrived in mystic falls to help her friends the Salvatore brothers with a hybrid trying to sacrifice the doppelgänger. What will happen when she arrives will loyalties shift, families break, old flames rekindle or new romances stat and old souls be reunited. With a family motto like always and forever is forever really worth it.

Chapter Count: 34 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

For this book to be titled as Broken Soul is quite appropriate since it is about Klaus Mikaelson's daughter. And the author has explained everything from the main character's past to her present which justifies the use of this title.

2. The Cover:

The cover is very simple. If you use a colored image and then apply text to it, it may look better. But if you want to keep it in black and white, you will have to make the font of same color scheme.

3. Concept:

As I say numerous times, the concept is the backbone of the story. For this fanfic, the concept is the portrayal of events and certain characters under the possibility of Klaus having a daughter.

Since the narrator is Mackenzie herself, readers get to see the events through her eyes and it provides a refreshing narration and also gives an insight into the Original Vampires family.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

I will try to summarize as much as I can without spoiling the story.

The story begins with an introduction to Mackenzie Mikaelson, who is Klaus's daughter and is living for a short time in Mystic Falls without anyone knowing her true identity. She is most loyal to Klaus and would never betray him.

The fanfic proceeds from the point where Klaus makes a deal with Stefan to give him the cure for the werewolf bite if and only if he obeyed everything Klaus says and stays with him. Rebekah is undaggered and the two siblings along with Mackenzie and Stefan set out on a journey of finding werewolf packs to turn into hybrids.

There are a lot of other characters too such as Anna and Lexi as well as Mikael. The author has a command over dialogues and the story flows ceaselessly and is quite interesting to read. But Mackenzie is not the only original character in the story. As the chapters unfold, we get to meet Alexander Salvatore who is the Damon and Stefan's younger brother.

What I think:

Apart from a few edit requirements, the story is a great read. Mackenzie (face claim: Dove Cameron) is written with a strong character and a deep insight is given to her values and family terms.

The hazards that come from being the Big Bad Hybrid's daughter are also portrayed quite well and the author deserves a thumbs up for it. Also, I must say that I am completely in love with Alex's character because he is such a balanced mixture of both his brother's personalities and traits.

***

If you are looking for a story that deals with the action related parts of TVD and want a thrilling story line, then this is the book for you. You will enjoy the narration from Mackenzie's point of view and also take pleasure in the intricate quality of each character.

***

Your story is amazing geeksandfreaksfandom.

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to reading your other books as well. Also, I'm sorry for the long time it took me to post your review because I could just not manage Wattpad with studies and exams. But reading your book was really worth it because I enjoyed a lot and it kept me hooked.

I would recommend you to edit it where needed otherwise it is great and the effort you have put in the story truly shows your strength as an aspiring writer. Wish you luck for the future!

 Wish you luck for the future!