Prologue- A Royal Introduction

India the country of pure spice, gold and maybe the centre of all royal attention. Each district has their own miniature royal family or if you're lucky enough a whole state maybe under your control.

Some are ruled by wonderful kings and rarely queens. Others are ruled by powerful and vicious kings and their witches, uh hm..I mean queens, which are power hungry and are always set out to conquer more land and make the innocent suffer.

Well, in the South West of India two sets of parents sit and chat with each excitedly in their exquisite chair made out of the finest wood.

Both queens are dressed in the most expensive silk saris, while their kings are dressed in the finest clothing as well topped off with a crown made of a little gold and lots of other precious elements.

The King and Queen from the district of Thiruvananthapuram from South of Kerala meets the King and Queen of the district of Idukki as well from another district from Kerala.

The King of Thiruvanathapuram, is known as King Sumanth Abraham while his queen is Queen Mary Abraham. Meanwhile... the King of Idukki is known as King Varghese Joseph and his queen, Queen Meena Joseph.

(🙏🏽😂 Sorry for the absolute over load of names and places, but I'd thought I'd just get all the formalities out of the way.)

King Abraham speaks cheerfully, "So it's been absolutely wonderful having one of our main traders and close royal friends visiting today, it has been an honour."

King Joseph replies with a genuine smile, "It's been wonderful staying here, your hospitality is amazing and kind. Thank you. However we would like to make a request with you both, bare in mind it is just a request."

Abraham raises an eyebrow and Mary speaks, "Go ahead, what is your request?"

Queen Joseph cautiously asks, "You do have an absolute wonderful son don't you? It would be absolutely wonderful if they both got married in the future, it would truly strengthen our ties and you are such a kind and lovely family, with good values."

Both King and Queen Abraham stay silent not knowing how to reply. Meanwhile King Joseph speaks, "You do not have to, but I truly believe it would benefit us both. You know betrothal at this age is the best for both your son and our daughter."

"Excuse me, may me and my wife go out to speak about this privately?"

King and Queen Joseph nod nervously as they watch them go out.

"My king, they have just asked us to betroth our son to their daughter, I was not expecting this," Queen Abraham says in slight shock.

"My Queen, I wasn't either. However they are a good Christian family with good sets of values. They are very good people," King Abraham says thoughtfully.

Queen Abraham's eyes widen as she realises and asks, "Are you considering betrothal to them?"

Abraham stays silent within thought but then blurts out, "The King has been supporting our kingdom for a long time and he is a close friend my dear. I really do think this is a good opportunity."

His Queen replies smiling, "So yes then. Shall we accept their request graciously?"

Abraham nods grinning he calls out for some maids, "Maids and servants, I expect 4 plates of the most exquisite sweets and food placed in front of our guests and our future to be in laws."