Chp-2 Welcome Prince Zacharias Abraham

One week later...

Amaani's P.O.V

I groan as I feel as I'm being shaken and I reluctantly open my eyes awake letting the light burn my eyes which makes me hiss.

"We are sorry to wake you this early princess, but your mother requested us to do so."

I tiredly nod and get up from the bed and stretch looking at the time 7:00am. Ughhhh...why mother do you torture me like this? Let your princess sleep.

I sit down on my stool in front of my mirror as the maids rush around gathering the things to get me ready. I curiously ask, "Why are you all hurrying today?"

One maid answers, "My princess, we have some very royal guests visiting. They are going to arrive within half an hour by horse. They have been travelling for days my princess."

"Ahh..I see. Okay."

The maids hand me a sari which is a lovely deep pink colour embroidered with gold thread and I get changed behind a screen and come out after folding the sari carefully.

"Have I done it right? Does it look good?"

The maids nod their heads smiling and I smile back and sit back down as they put on my Kajal and lip paint. They give me new gold necklaces and heavy earrings. Every morning these maids help me get ready.

"You look beautiful your majesty. You will be required to meet the Queen in the entrance hall."

I nod while I put on some comfortable brown sandals and then walk towards the hall. I see the maids and servants rush around with plates and gifts. Who are these people? Why so much attention is put on these guests?

I meet my mother who looks tensioned as long as my father, I cautiously ask her, "What's happening? Who are these guests?"

She smiles knowingly and replies, "Remember, King Abraham uncle and Queen Abraham auntie?"

I scrunch my eyebrows together trying to form a recollection. After a few seconds, I gasp quietly, "Ohhhhh! Them! Yeah, I remember but not much."

"Yes, it was only when you were about 7 or 8. Don't worry you'll immediately recognise them."

After a few minutes of silence the front gates are opened by the soldiers revealing a carriage drawn by beautiful horses. My heart begins to pound in nervousness and excitement

Wait. A thought comes back in my mind as I begin to remember more.

Zacharias. That brat.

I gasp out loud making my mother look at me panicked, I calmly reply, "Don't worry I just saw an ant on my arm. That's all."

My mother and father glare at me while Shana snickers. My heart beats rapidly.

I just realised, when I turned 13 my mother told me, "Don't talk about marriage at this age Amaani, there is a time and age for that. You will be marrying Zacharias okay? That's it end of discussion."

Oh, no. I haven't seen him since I was 7 years old. My mind wonders, how will he look now? Is he good? How drastically has he changed? Or is he still the same bratty child? I'm betrothed to this idiot?!

The doors of the carriage open revealing an older man in royal attire, yes, uh, King Abraham isn't it? Yep. Then follows Queen Abraham who is dressed in a royally red and gold sari looking beautiful.

Suddenly pops out a young man, making my heart almost come up to my throat. Zacharias? Is that him? I can't see from here? It could just be an advisor? Oh who am I kidding it is probably Zacharias.