Chp-25 A Frightening Truth And Sisterly Regret

Shana's P.O.V

My heated glare almost burns a hole through the idiot. Does he even care? Was my sister right? I'm starting to realise he may not like me the way I thought. Am I really that naive?, maybe I am.

My sister and her husband are talking to themselves worrying me even more. What are they talking about?

Also that King is saying they are being threatened. So-so..was the Prince forced to love me or what? I still don't understand..so many questions unanswered.

"Who's threatening you then?" My sister asks calmly.

"He-he told us not to tell anyone your majesty otherwise he would take our kingdom killing us! We can't risk that! However, we can't fool you." The Queen splutters out.

Amaani's sighs rubbing her temples and says, "Who. Is. It?"

The king takes a deep breath and my heart pounds. Who is it actually?...

"K-King Kumar.."

I suddenly hear Amaani choking and I go up to her patting her back and she looks at me in shock but doesn't say anything. She eventually stops choking and looks fearful.

Zacharias coldly asks, "Do you think we are intellectually undeveloped, King Menon? You do realise he is a Tamil Nadu king who is now long dead?"

The king gives a frustrated groan and replies with clenched fists, "Not THE King Kumar as in his brother who has now taken over the throne."

Immediately I blurt out, "Taken over the t-throne? H-his b-brother?"

Zacharias hisses asking, "By any chance does he have a son called Vimal Kumar?"

I feel Amaani hugging me and tremble. My older sister is actually scared, she is seeking comfort from me even though I betrayed her? She loves me so much yet I was stupid enough to think that Prince actually loved me, I am so stupid!

Tears run down my face immediately.

"Don't worry Amaani, I'm here, Zacharias is here don't worry. Please don't be scared.." I beg quietly whispering to her.

"Yes but how did you-" the king gets interrupted.

"We have unfortunately had an extremely bad experience with them already and have only just fully recovered." Zacharias says emotionless.

Amaani releases herself from me and then coughs as she speaks coldly, "He is not a good person just like the original king Kumar. How are you in contact with him?"

The king sits back down and signals us also to sit back down and we do.

"About three weeks ago we received a message from King Kumar that he would like us to be the first trading deal initiated in Kerala, and that it would be an honour as well as a huge benefit if we agreed."

We all nod intently listening to every word carefully with our hearts beating in fear and panic.

"So we decided, it would truly be a good opportunity to expand our trading field into Tamil Nadu and be on good terms. However, we were terribly wrong."