Chp-1 Here comes the Princess!

Sixteen years later...

Amaani's P.O.V

"Hey come here Shana! Give me back my bangles they are pure gold please you stupid girl!"

My yell at my stupid little sister echoes throughout the hallways while I run after her. Whew, running in a half-sari is such hard work, I have to hold it up so I don't trip also it's really heavy as it's expensive cloth.

I hear a giggle of my 18 year old sister and hear her shouting back, "No way I love these bangles come on please and don't call me stupid we are supposed to be royal Amaani!"

My parents gave me the name Amaani, it means 'one who keeps peace and serenity in the name of God.' I'm not exactly peaceful, yes I'm shy in front of lots of people but I'm really clumsy and sometimes way too loud if I'm angry.

"Shana! Nooooo!"

Suddenly I'm grabbed by my arm and I turn around seeing my absolutely annoyed mother, I nervously speak, "Uhh, hello ma?"

She glares, "Amaani Joseph, you are a princess at least act like one. Are you not practicing sewing or reading a book. Why are you running around?!"

I flinch at her yell and I see Shana come over smirking and I glare at her. My mother speaks to her, "You as well what are you doing please don't bring shame to me and your father, we are royals don't act like this and Shana give back her bangles I'll get you one or two of mine."

I reluctantly apologise, "I'm sorry ma, I won't repeat this again."

Shana also apologises afterwards and then as we walk off together I smack her arm making her whine, "You got me in trouble."

"Well you shouldn't of ran after me then."

I hiss at her and roll my eyes, of course.

I wave bye to her as I enter my bedroom. The room is spacious with a large red plain rug and cream tiles on the floor, I have two large windows with wooden shutters which have an amazing view as well as I have one balcony with chair which I use to relax by myself. My chambers, absolutely my favourite room of the palace.

I lie down on the bed comfortably and sigh in relief, ahhh... In an hour I have got to study, the history so far as well as how to run the perfect kingdom and also just read some books which seem interesting.

I fiddle with my braid which is ornately decorated by jasmine flowers inserted carefully into the nooks and crannies of the braid. It also smells amazing making it one of my favourite flowers.

I hear a knock on my door making me get up, "Come in."

"My princess we have just brought some Gulab Jamuns for you knowing it is your favourite."

My eyes widen and my mouth waters in excitement. Ahhhh! I love Gulab Jamun! It's so sweet and delicious! The maids laugh as they see me stumble over my dress and and reach out for a sweet and take a large bite, sighing in satisfaction.

"Thank you all. You may leave one more here for me and you all can take the rest if you want?"

The maid holding the plate replies smiling, "Thank you princess. Are you sure?"