Chp-11 Becoming Queen And King & Ha! So called negotiation!?

A week later...

Amaani's P.O.V

Today is the day I'm becoming Queen. Queen Amaani Abraham. There have apparently been grand celebrations been planned to lighten the Kingdom's and my own mood.

Zacharias, has still been questioning Raj for the last week or so and has been gathering information. We have sent the letter of negotiation and I guess we will have to see what happens.

Also, Zacharias will be becoming King along with me. My advisors said that him becoming king isn't necessary but I demanded them that he would also step up from Prince to king.

However, they said that I will have overall power over the kingdom. Which I agreed to.

The maids are helping me in getting ready and they have made me put on my mother's sari, and have stitched a matching blouse, to fit to my size. Ah..my mother's saris were always beautiful.

They pin the last pleat of my sari and then the maids begin of my hair, which is tied in a loose plait and they insert gem flowers. Afterwards they start on my makeup.

I say, "Do the Kajal first, make sure it looks really nice."

The maid dips her finger into the Kajal and carefully lines my eyes and I look into the mirror and smile at the beautifully done Kajal.

"Thank you."

After all the makeup I get up thanking the maids and then proceed to the entrance hall where I see Zacharias waiting.

"Hello Zacharias," I say smiling.

Turning around he smiles back making my heart flutter and then says, "My Queen you look beautiful. Especially your eyes.."

My cheeks warm up and I laugh as he takes my hand and pulls me next to him.

"Thank you, you also look dashing my Prince. Also I'm not Queen yet Zacharias."

I say while we are walking out of the palace and then getting into the carriage drawn by beautiful white horses.

I look outside the small carriage window as we start moving out of the palace gates. I hear musicians from the kingdom following our carriage making me bop my head to the beat.

'Our new Queen is here!'

'We have a Queen and King!'

'Queen Amaani and King Zacharias Abraham!'

All these are what people on the streets are shouting. I wave at all the people and so does Zacharias. King and Queen Abraham are also leaving this evening to go back to Thiruvananthapuram. They are already waiting in the kingdom's royal hall, in the centre of the kingdom.

People throw flowers and flower petals and cheer making me smile and grin even wider.

"Seems the people have greatly accepted you as Queen," Zacharias says laughing and pointing at a banner saying 'welcome Queen Amaani!'

My eyes widen and I nod, "This is good news."

"Yes, definitely."

After travelling through the streets, we arrive at the Kingdom's Royal Hall and we get down greeting the crowd. Then we go in.

Me and Zacharias sit at the front on the raised platform. Wow, this hall is nicely decorated. I see my advisory team, King and Queen Abraham, Shana as well as our church vicar sitting across from us on the platform. After half an hour people start to file in.