Chp-17 Bloodshed, Childhood pains & Pure Bravery.

Amaani's P.O.V

Here I am...reduced to a crying wreck. My kingdom is under attack. I'm close to dying. My king is dead, as well my vulnerable sister, is going to die soon as well. People are dying, the kingdom is getting plundered.

What did I do to deserve this, Lord? I know you have plans for my fate, but no one in this world should be suffering like this. I have lost everything, what is the point now? I only have my hope in you God.

I hear the dungeon door open and I don't look up knowing who it is. I hate you so much, I'll never forgive you. I wish you were dead as well as your father!

"Seems we have almost succeeded Amaani. The soldiers have just infiltrated your palace."

I stay silent as tears drip down my face and I sniffle still not looking up a the devil's son, Arjun.

I see him crouch down and lift my face making me look into his eyes as he say with a frown, "Got nothing to say? I didn't think so."

Still, I remain silent not even moving out of his gentle hold on my chin. Why is he miserable!? He should be celebrating since he destroyed everything I love along with his father!

He sighs and sits across from me, surprising me. Then a guard comes seeing both of us in the dungeon, and asks suspiciously, "My Prince, what are you doing in the dungeon with her?"

I see Prince Arjun's face immediately sneer and turn into a smirk, "I'm just planning to torture her a little longer. You know since she has already lost everything."

I let out a sob and I hear the guard laugh as he says, "Of course my Prince sorry for the disruption."

As soon as the guard walks off, I hear Arjun say, "Oh god, don't cry. I didn't mean that. That was so he wouldn't make any suspicions. I'm not actually here to so called torture you."

I'm very much caught off guard with his sudden speech. What? He's being so nice all of a sudden? Why?.. Is he planning something?

I blurt out, "What's wrong with you?"

Oh god, I shouldn't of said that. Now I'm going to pay for that, he's probably furious!

"Many things, Amaani. I'm fed up, of this."

I raise an eyebrow and stay silent while observing him for any signs of lying. He sighs, and then says, "You do not believe me do you? Don't worry, if I were in your position I wouldn't believe me either."

"U-uh..I'm sorry?.. Are you sure that you are okay? Why are you suddenly so miserable? You should be happy that you've taken away everything I love from me. Why are you suddenly so nice? What's truly your intention?"

My heart feels bad for him, but my mind says not to trust him. My mind wins in this case.

"Amaani, me and my father had a large argument yesterday night. I haven't been able sleep for days before and this has just made it worse."

"So?" I say harshly making him frown even more.

"He was celebrating, having a grand feast, drinking wine, with all of his soldiers and friends. My mother tried to also go and celebrate, but this time genuinely, however he disgraced her presence in front of everyone. She sat in her room, crying. It-it reminded me of you."