Chp-8 Catching the culprit & shock to Amaani

*Warning- This chapter contains blood and violence*

Day 2 of looking for the culprit...

Amaani's P.O.V

I yawn tiredly as I cross my arms sitting on the chair. Zacharias frowns and asks for another glass of tea to keep him alert. We have been sitting here yesterday and after waking up this morning,early, still finishing off the search.

At least we are nearly finished, only twenty left personal guards left.

"Next, come on."

I look at this guard and we take a look at his demeanour and general stance. His fists are clenched.

"Stand to the side, I'll talk to you afterwards."

We check the rest of the guards to who seem to pass our suspicions and are let go, and we are left with one guard.

Zacharias gets up with a very intimidating aura and says, "So guard. You seem to slightly frightened, that's not good for a job like yours."

"N-no my p-prince. I-it isn't," The guard stutters out.

"You will not be punished if you say the truth and only the truth. If you don't, then you will face the consequences," I say harshly glaring.

"F-fine! I-I saw someone! I saw someone moving around the palace!"

Immediately, I become alert and so does Zacharias, he says, "What does he look like?"

The guard replies shakily, "I couldn't identify the facial features but he was quite tall and agile, my prince. I think he was wearing a cloth around his face."

I gasp, the intruder! The one that tried to kill me in my room!

"Zacharias, the intruder, what if he was the same person who killed my parents."

As I immediately say that I can't help but start crying again. Oh god, what type of royalty am I? I keep continuously crying. Zacharias keeps a hand on my shoulder and says, "Oh no, don't cry Amaani. Don't cry. Are you sure you want to continue this, you can go back to your room?"

Shaking my head, I say, "No, it's hard to get over that's all. Don't worry I'll be fine. I've mourned for two days. I don't think my mind and heart could take anymore."

I glance at King Abraham as he looks at me sadly. Queen Abraham is still comforting Shana, she's been having a very hard time coping. I am too.

"Okay, well as you said I think it is the same intruder. It has to be! We just need to know who it is."

I nod and I ask in a cold tone of voice to the guard, "Anything else to say?"

He shakes his head frantically, "No your majesty. I swear on my life, I have nothing else to say."

"You better keep your word. If I hear from anywhere else that you have hidden something from us... your swear will become true. Understand?"

The room becomes silent at my direct threat.

"No! No! Of course not your majesty! Please don't harm me, I'm saying the truth."

"You may continue your duties," I say and he walks off with a mortified look on his face.

"Amaani, goodness. Such a threat! My princess, I know you are angry but no need to threaten to kill someone to get information."