X.26

"You and the freak!" Megan shouted, alarmed by her reaction I smacked her on the shoulder  looking across the lawn to where my mom was busy planting flowers. 

"He's not a freak." I glare at her. "He's my boyfriend." 

Megan laughs, "Not sure that's what I'd call him, besides the dude's always got chicks around him wouldn't be surprised when I find out he cheated on you." 

I swallow shaking my head. "No he wouldn't do that...not to me." 

"Girl he's been getting more and more popular sooner or later something's gonna separate you two, sorry to burst the love bubble but if it isn't a girl it's gonna be the fame." 

I rolled my eyes. "Megan isn't that the same thing with you and Lucky? He's a really famous model surrounded by beautiful girls?" Megan looks nervous all of a sudden. 

"No, I have faith in him." 

"Well so do I." I say. 

"Okay fine, I'm sorry. I'm just shocked like all through out highschool well the last semester we met you couldn't talk to guys, I mean you practically feared them and now you have a boyfriend and your a model?" She shakes her head. "It's just too much to take in. " 

My eyes wane in the sunlight, "I wasn't really expecting any of this." I tell her. "I swear I didn't really think I'd be able to do it again." My voice trails off. "But when I'm with him I feel like nothing can ever hurt me, no one will ever hurt me because he'll be there and good things are bound to happen to us now." 

Megan bit her lip. "He's suffered so much and so have I but I want to believe with all my heart that this was what the pain was worth suffering through." 

"Your so sprung." She mutters. "But I'm happy for you." 

I laugh smacking her on the shoulder, just then a car pulled up to the curb and my eyes landed on the person driving it. "Who's that?" Megan asked. 

I felt the contents of my stomach stir. "A friend of my dad's." 

I hear him gasp. "What?" 

I watch as Ben approached my mom a bouquet of flower's in his hands. She must have heard the sound of his footsteps because she turns around and with a shocked but pleasant smile on her face she accepts the roses. "Um are you sure that's his friend?" Megan asked. 

"I need to go." I mutter. 

Megan who was still watching them turns back to look at me shocked. "Um what?" 

"Bye Megan, text you later." I call over my shoulder as I rush into the house. 

I grab a bottle of water in the kitchen before hurrying up the stairs and into my room. I can hear my mom and Ben walking into the house so I make sure to lock my door. 

"Hey,"I hear a soft voice say.

"Hey," I replied, unsure as to why X was in my room or how he'd even gotten in. "What are you doing in here?"

He gave me a crooked smile. "Waiting on you. I kinda thought that was obvious."

Smiling, I ducked my head. His eyes could be too much sometimes. "I can see that. But you were supposed to be doing something music related." I remind him.

"Not really. Trust me, I wanted to but I needed some inspiration," he said cupping the side of my face with his hand. "Come over here."

He didn't have to ask twice. I'd go gladly. I dropped my phone on the bed and tucked my hand in his. X squeezed my hand and pulled me into his arms and kissed me hard. I'd missed him today. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back with all the emotion churning inside me that I didn't quite understand.