X.49

"Okay Flor now what I'm about to teach you is for your own self defense." Scar tells me as we stand in the middle of the park. 

I have my arms crossed over my chest. Did he really call me out early in the morning in this weather just so he could teach me some jutsu? My eyes skim over his as he get's into a stance. "I know your probably mad right now but I think this is going to help you a lot." 

I roll my eyes. "A lot with what?" I demand. 

"Like kicking them hoes ass, I know you got jumped last year but it's time you whopped some ass Flor." Scar states bluntly, clearly getting irritated with my attitude. Shocked by his answer I soften up a bit. 

He was doing this for my benefit. 

"Sorry." I mumble. 

He shrugs playing to cool. "Alright say your getting jumped what will you use as a weapon?" 

I pause thinking about it. "A rock?" 

He shakes his head. "No, think Flor I know your smart." 

Okay, "Um, my words?" 

He laughs. "Yeah sure get jumped and fight back with words nice one." I scowl at him. "Your weapons are your hands, feet, knees and elbows...basically your whole body is a weapon of defense and offense." 

I shake my head finally understanding. "When your getting jumped or feel your in danger you have a matter of seconds to strike or retreat depending if you have an advantage or are at loss." He pauses. "For example you can do this."  he pointed out the obvious vulnerable spots to strike and then the less obvious places, like the top of the foot and the forearm. 

"If it's a girl instead of hitting her down there I hear punching her boobs hurts just as well." I laugh at him but he remains serious. "Come over here." He says. 

I close the gap between us. "Let me teach you some ass whopping moves." He says with a smile on his face. 

And with a shake of the head we dive into several stances, defense moves and offense movements. He gives me a move for every possibly situation and what to do. We end up practicing for about an hour more before I collapse onto the grass in exhaustion. 

Scar lays beside me starring up at the sky which was covered in clouds. "Thank you." I say out of breath. 

"No problem." 

We stay like that for a few moments longer before he finally breaks the silence. "Hey Flor." 

I turn my head to look at him. "What is it?" I ask. 

His eyes were watching me. "Come with me to California this weekend." 

My eyes widened. "What?" 

"He sent me tickets to a show where he and other artists will be performing at...I have two for VIP access." 

I lift myself up and continue to stare at him in shock. "When you say he?" 

"X," He paused. "Sent me two tickets and paid for the plane to go see one of his shows." 

I felt that pang in my chest. "Are you joking?" 

He shook his head. "I wouldn't lie to you." He pauses. "I want you to come with me, to see if waiting around for him is really worth it." 

"I'm scared." I confess. 

He shifts from his spot and comes over to me taking one of my hands he places it over his chest. "We need to do this Flor, you need to know who it is your putting your heart on the line for. And I swear if he's still the person you want to wait for I'll give up on you." 

My heart skipped a beat. "Eh?" 

"Come with me to Cali..."  Pushing his hand into my hair and moving it to cup my face he looks at me waiting for an answer. "You need to be brave Flor." 

I didn't know what I was about to get myself into but a part of me was willing to take any risk as long as it meant that I would be able to see Jahseh again. And as I whispered yes to Scar that trip to LA would change the course of our lives forever. 

-tbc-