X.37

-Please understand that this story is purely fictional and what your about to read might be triggering-

Time passed and it never dawned on me which way we were headed. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I never noticed the further and further from home we drew. I did however notice the sun setting, how in just a few minutes the sky would be dark .

"I don't understand." I say aloud. "Why comeback now?" I think aloud my thoughts biting on my nail. I shake my head trying to put together the reasons. My father had left us when I needed him the most, he was a coward. Now he was back and demanding to see me?

"Ben, how do you know my father?" I ask looking up at him. He looks stiff, sweats trickling down his neck and his brows are furrowed together. "Ben?"

His eyes don't leave the road but I do notice his grip tightening on the wheel. "We're old friends." He forces a smile onto his lips.

For some reason I keep my eyes on him trying to make out why he's nervous all of a sudden. Come to think of it whenever he was around me he was always like that. "I didn't know my dad had friends." I mumble.

His smile widens. "We're real close." He assures.

My eyes roam over his face and I notice something strange. There's a scar on his head all the way down to the back of his ear. "How did you get that scar?"

His smile fades. "Flor you ask a lot of questions." He points out.

As he speaks I notice his mustache hairs peeling off his upper lip hanging in the air. Why would that happen? I feel myself grow cold my eyes glancing back onto the road, suddenly nowhere does this look close to home. I swallow reaching for my bag, making sure not to look suspicious and reach for my phone.

I had turned off once the show was going to start and hadn't bothered to check it since we left. "I didn't think it would work." Ben speaks up. The car starts to slow down as we near a curve. "Your mother was easy to fool." He shakes his head seeming pleased with himself. "But you Flor were as cold as ever. Not once did you look at me with those eyes I fell in love with."

No.

"I couldn't believe it though." He pauses the car coming to a sudden halt. "You had given your heart to someone else. To that thing. He's made you all dirty now Flor." He takes his seat belt off turning his body towards me. "I won't let him have you."

"Ben..." The words I was about to speak suddenly hang in the air as I watch with wide eyes as he removes the mustache, glasses and wig.

"I'm not Ben Flor." I shake my head, "I'm your's now." He reaches for me pulling me into his arms, my body grows slack out of shock. I couldn't process what was happening. It was all too much for me to handle, I couldn't understand how this came to be. He held me close to him a hand running down my back.

The scar on his head suddenly made sense, it was back when I'd first met him face to face and I had hit him on the head with a rock it was the only was I was able to escape him. Now however was a different time.

He pulls me away from him, turning his head he attempts to kiss me. "No!" I shove him away hard, the back of his head smacks the window and I use those few seconds I have to remove my seat belt, unlock the door and run as far away as I can.

No, this shouldn't be happening, not right now.

My breath caught in my throat, when I saw him running after me. "Oh, no!" My heart pounded in my chest and I could feel the blood rushing through my veins. I didn't stop though and I continued to run as fast as I could and ended up passing through the field of carnations.