X.35

"Where did he say to meet you?" Megan asks me as she applies makeup to me.

I still had a smile on my face from the night before, X had sung me to sleep. Since I told him about my past he promised to sing me to sleep every night even if it meant he had to sneak into my window to do so. "Hello?" Megan flicks my forehead.

"Ouch!" I look up at her as she continues to apply makeup.

"I'm waiting." She mouths.

I frown. "He's going to be at the stage and I have VIP seating," I say.

She smirks. "You're finally going to see him, huh?" Megan grins.

I blush. "I'm excited."

"Well the fair starts at 6 and he performs at 7 so I guess that gives me enough time to get there. Are you sure you don't want a ride?" Megan asks.

I shake my head, no. "I'm going on UBER," I say.

She shakes her head. "I know I show up late and stuff but you don't need to diss me." She jokes.

I roll my eyes. "I just don't want to miss this," I whisper.

"Oh, you fool." She mutters.

+++

I pulled at the dress as I entered the crowded area. Megan was right people were already lining up for the show and rides. So many people had come that I knew if Rocky came with me or Ski they would've been stopped or attacked for photographs and signatures.

I pulled out my phone and texted X I was here.

Heading over to the VIP area I pulled out what X asked me to show them and headed over to my section.

Flor's MOM POV: Pulling the door open she stepped inside. Rosa (Flor's mom) looked around the room surprised her daughter wasn't here. She had brought her a gift from work but now as she stared at the empty room she could only wonder where she was.

She set the bag down on her bed and headed over to the dresser where a bunch of makeup was scattered along with jewelry and a few pictures. Her daughter's photo book was left open. She recognized it from one of the shoots she'd done recently.

Picking up the book she skimmed through it accidentally a photograph fell out and landed on her feet. Rosa leaned down to pick it up when she caught sight of something interesting. Her eyes were staring in disbelief as a picture of her daughter and that neighborhood boy who stirs up trouble was in her hands.

She shook her head finally understanding the sudden change in her daughter. The reason why she stayed out late, started modeling again and spent so much time at the agency. That boy was trouble she knew it from the moment she laid eyes on him.

Crumbling the picture up in her hands she tossed it into the trash can and grabbed her keys. She knew from the picture where her daughter would be since that boy was what everyone usually talked about and now since he was becoming more and more famous she knew he'd be performing at today's festival and her daughter would be there for sure.

It didn't take long for Rosa to arrive but once she did she headed over to where the stage would be.

"Rosa?" Megan gawked at her, holding hands with a blue eyed boy.

"Where is she?" Her voice was already full of anger.

Megan blinked. "Um, she's...um."

Shaking her head in frustration she marched down over to where she thought her daughter would be.

+++

I was sitting on my seat when I spotted X between the curtains. His eyes were brimming with joy and he was smiling at me. I blushed at the sight of him and he smirked before hiding behind the curtains again.

Checking around for Megan and her boyfriend Lucky again who I saved a spot for besides me. I knew she wouldn't have made it in time if I would have come with her. I kept my eyes steady looking around when something caught my attention.

Or should I say, someone?

He was arguing with the security pointing at me. Why was he here? Unconsciously I left my seat and headed over to where he was. "Ben?" I asked curiously.

He pushed his glasses up and gave me a small smile. "See I told you I knew her." He tells the security.

I offer them a small smile in apology while they leave. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

Suddenly his eyes widen. "Flor! It's bad really bad. Your dad is back and he's arguing with your mom. We need to go now!" Taking me by the hand he leads the way.

Why was my dad back?

Oh crap, this was bad.

I ran, turning my head back looking at the stage somehow feeling a pang in my chest. "Flor!" Megan shouts.

I look away at the sound of her voice, we stop briefly. "The show?" She asked me as Lucky tugged at her hand signaling it was starting soon.

"I can't!" I yell at her. "My mom is in trouble."

"Your mom?" She looks at me confused.

"I'll tell you later." I turn around and started running again following Ben's lead.

"Flor wait!" Megan shouts but this time I don't turn around and continue to head off the direction Ben leads me to.

Not a clue of the fate that lied ahead.

-tbc-

-and the trouble begins-