X.30

Time passed and I couldn't understand how much my life had changed once again, but this time for the better. There were days when I would be holding onto him as he pressed on the gas while riding his bike that I'd wonder how had this even happened.

It all felt too dream like.

The person who had saved me, who gave me a bit of courage day by day now looked at me with eyes full of love, as if I was his one treasure and in his final moments...his last breath.

I had a habit of tracing the tattoo's under his eyes, my finger's running along the words marked in red now permanent in his skin numb. "Do you still feel this way?" I ask.

His eyes which had been watching me all along wane in the moonlight. "No." He reaches for my hand, grasping it in his. "Not as long as your with me."

My heart flutters and he leans in close our foreheads touching. "I'm happy." He murmurs. "Really fucken happy." The hand which he'd been grasping is now pressed against his chest. I can feel his heart beat race, thudding against my skin sending chills down my spine. "You make me want to be good."

I shake my head, "You are good." I murmur.

X drops my hand and wraps his arms around me. "No, I'm a piece of shit. But when I'm with you I know that I don't want to fuck this up." He's holding me against him now, tightly breathing the words against my ear. "I don't want to hurt you." He pauses. "I don't want anyone to hurt you." He adds.

I laugh. "X haven't you seen how guys avoid me altogether when I'm with you?"

He chuckles. "Shit, tru it's cuz they know they about to get fucked up if they mess with my girl." He plants a kiss on my cheek before pulling his head away and staring me in the eyes.

"I love it when you say that," I confess my cheeks turning all pink.

"Say what?" He asks with a smile on his face, I nudge him playfully on the stomach.

"You know." I shrug.

He shakes his head. "Nope."

I pout at him. "Was it...that you're my girl?" He places a small peck on my lips and I can't help but squeal with excitement at the sound of those words.

"I want to be with you forever," I whisper into his chest, hiding my blushing cheeks away from him. I feel him tense up but he places a kiss on the crown of my head and relaxes his shoulder's.

"Let's do that." He whispers.

I nod, holding onto a piece of his shirt while biting my lip. "Forever." He says.

With a small smile on my face, I whisper back into the darkness with only the moonlight to light our view. "Forever."