X.53

I could feel that worry gnaw its way to my chest. All that courage and strength I'd reserved for this moment felt useless with the way he looked at me, the way his chest rose up and down out of anger...out of hatred. 

Why? I had no idea. 

"Why are you here?" He demands. 

I was gripping the necklace tightly, my knuckles turning white and shaking as I did. "You know why." I answer. 

X shakes his head, turning his whole body to look at me. "Why can't you just fucking move on?" He shouts. 

I take a step back, my eyes were deceiving me. They had to be. This was all some sick twisted joke. This was the guy I loved, the guy I kept loving after he left me...the guy who was my first of many things but never in my heart did I want to make him this way towards me. "Hey." I whisper softly, trying to reach out to him...the part of him I love.

My hand stretches out and cups his cheek. 

For a moment his expression changes, the hatred in his eyes melt and a flash of longing and love take on his features. "Did you really move on?" I ask. 

He continues to watch me for a moment, fighting with himself. I could tell by the way he looked at me that whatever was going through his head was messing with his heart.  " I didn't...I kept my promise. I'll always keep my promise." My voice shakes. "I missed you so much." I confess with a shaky heart. 

He took a deep breath and stared at the ground for a long moment contemplating my words. His mouth twitched and when he finally looked up, his eyes were different, the hatred and disgust returned. "I forgot all about you Flor, but you did too didn't you? You fucking around with that other guy." 

Other guy? 

"I don't care about that." His voice gets angrier by the second. "Move the fuck on Flor, do us all a favor and leave me alone." 

He takes my hand that's on his cheek and pushes it away until it hits my side. I blink up at him a few times, the pain starts taking over and I stumble towards him in anger and pain. "Your such a liar." I mutter. 

He takes a step back and bumps into some guy who snaps at X. Before he can even get a word out X is already throwing fists at him, hitting him over and over in repeat while a crowd gather's around. 

"Flor!" Scar calls out for me. 

But I'm in shock by what's happening. 

A few of the other guy's friends jump in and start to hit X. "Leave him alone!" I shout. I stumble into the fight pulling them away from him as X shields his face with his hands and that's when I see it. 

My heart stops and eyes widen. 

The bracelet. 

The red beaded bracelet I had given him the night he gave me this necklace...the bracelet that held our bond he still had on his arm. 

A few of the bodyguard's pulled the guys away from X and I kneeled beside him as he cleared the blood from his lip. I rest his head on my lap as I examine the damage. 

"You're always crying because of me." He says in a soft voice. 

I immediately brush the tears away and laugh at how messed up everything was. "I still love you." I tell him. 

He shook his head. "Don't." But as he says that he raised a hand to brush my cheek. 

I stare at him while he looks into my eyes, the tears still falling from down my cheeks. "I'm going to hurt you a lot." He warns. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat about to say something when another voice speaks up. "Then you don't mind me taking her?" 

A gasp escapes my lips as both me and X stare at the person behind the voice. None other than Scar stood glaring at X. But the feud between them was just starting to burn and none of us could contemplate the war that was about to unfold. 

And maybe the storm coming our way was trying to warn us of the danger that lurked and would make even the brightest and purest of love's fade in it's wake. 

-tbc-

-this story will be reaching it's climax and soon the ending of this beautiful yet tragic romance will come-