X.77

"Don't be nervous." He wraps his arms around me, I sink into the comfort of his skin pressed against my own.

"It's just...everything is finally okay." I tell X.

He stiffens, his hold on me slips but he composes himself. "We're gonna be okay." He assures me.

"I'll be out there watching you." X plants a kiss on my forehead. My fingers play with the red beaded bracelet he has on his wrist.

"I'll always be watching." He whispers.

I pull away from him, "That dress looks beautiful on you."

I blush, he takes a step back to admire me some more. "White looks really good on you."

"You bought it for me." I remind him.

He shakes his head."I'm gonna have to hold myself back from trying to kick some ass to whoever looks at you ."

I laugh, my eyes flicker to the stylist who comes into the room, she signals that it's time. "I have to go." I tell him.

He nods, he holds onto my hand as we near the door but once I step out his hand falls out of mine, something in his eyes changes.

We could feel it then.

The storm that had been looming over us was finally approaching.

"You'll be waiting?" I asked.

His eyes flicker to mine, "Yeah." He promises.

*   *   *    *    *    *     *    *        *        *     *

Mr. Hasakwa was talking about the film while the journalists took some notes and others snapped some pictures.

"We hope the film can be as successful as other projects I've done. With the help of the candidates I've hand picked myself I can guarantee you will be more than satisfied." He continues.

I look through the crowd trying to pin point where X was. There was too many people, the flashing lights that would go off each and every time they snapped a picture blurred my vision somewhat. 

"Questions?" Mr. Hasakawa says. 

"When should we be expecting a release date?" One journalist asks. 

I reach for the necklace, my hand holding onto it while I tried to ease my nerves a bit. 

Why was I so nervous? 

"I have a question." A male voice says. 

For some reason my heart skips a beat. My eyes try looking for him through the mist of people but I can't seem to locate where the voice is coming from. "Is it true what the rumors say?" 

I feel my heart stop. Rumors?

"I don't understand your questions, if you could please elaborate." Mr. Hasakawa says. 

X looks from Flor to the man in the crowd speaking, he starts to notice that something is off. That's when he sees a woman at the back. 

Jessica. 

What was she doing here? 

X starts to rise from his seat, slowly, confused as to why she was at the conference. "Is it true that the female actress was a victim of rape?" The reporter says.

X stops, the room grows silent after a brief outburst of gasps. 

It was then that he suddenly knew. 

He could hear her warning in his head. The day at the party, at Flor's birthday party when he had cut off ties with her she swore to reveal to the world what happened to Flor, "See if anyone hires that slut then!" She shouts, tears in her eyes.

And here she was, true to her word. 

"I-" My voice sounds distant, the camera's start snapping so many pictures that the lights flashing causes me to retreat from my seat. 

"No more questions." Mr. Hasakawa says noticing I'm distraught. 

"Wasn't it the rapper who did it?" He continues, while the journalists write down every word and others start to demand answers. 

"Rapper? Flor what rapper? If you could please elaborate and give us details." Another says. 

"Is that why your taking on this role because your a victim?" 

They were echoing questions in my head, the room started to grow longer and everything was beginning to spin.

I shake my head, not knowing how to speak, taking steps back. "Flor!" Mr. Hasakawa shouts after me, I end up slipping. Loosing my footing I fall to the ground my head knocks against the floor. 

I need to get out of here. 

I need to leave. 

A hand reaches for me, without hesitating I take it. Heart racing, I run after him as he leads the way. The further from here we are the better I'd be able to breathe. We reach the exit first and then dash outside into the open. 

The conference was near the beach but the more empty side of it. 

We keep running outside and that's where I notice how near the shoreline we are. No one's in the water now since it's night out, hardly anyone's here. 

In fact no one is. 

He drops my hand as I rest against a rock.  

"Thank you." I say breathless. 

He turns, smiling. "Anything for my other half." 

I grow cold. 

"No." I whisper in fear.

-tbc-

-3 more chapters-