X.63

2 months later

"Okay hold that pose you two." Mr. Hasakawa tells both me and Scar.

We do as he says for about another half hour before we finally end the session. I head over to the lockers to change when Scar catches my hand. "So we can't do date night tonight?" He asks again.

I frown. "No."

Taking my hand he holds our fingers out in the air, staring at them intensely. We've officially been dating for two months now. Everything was different, completely new to me. Scar wasn't afraid to be be loved. He gave so much and in return expected nothing. I was still adjusting to the idea of being in this new relationship.

"I promised Megan we'd hang out." I say.

He sighs. "Well love can't say nothing about that." He drops our hands and pulls back. "I'll wait for you out front." He says with a sad face.

Once I'm done changing I head over to where Scar was waiting for me. "Hey." I say as I approached him.

He looks up at me hiding something in his pocket. "Hey love."

I stuff my hands in my pockets. "Are you mad?" I ask.

He chuckles. "At you, never."

I feel my cheeks blush and my heart flutter. It was strange for some reason my reactions to these things were making my heart swoon. I was slowly opening my heart up for Scar allowing him a warm place inside this cold heart.

I was starting to smile again, I could feel an overwhelming amount of happiness surge inside my heart and it was all because of one person. And this person just so happened to stand in front of me.

"I have something for you." He says.

He pulls his hand out from behind his back and opens up the palm of his hand to me. Holding out a necklace in it's place. My eyes widen at the beautiful white pearl hanging from it. "I wanted to get you something beautiful...it was quite hard...might be the second hardest thing I've done in my life."

I swallow, watching him. "I wanted something you could see so you might be able to see yourself the way I see you."

My heart beat was starting to pickup. "I wanted to see you smile at me in the most beautiful way...kind of dumb isn't it?" He scoffs, rubbing his nose with the back of his hands trying to hide his blushing face.

"Flor?" Scar says my name with as much courage as he has at the moment. "Can you take this in place of my heart?"

I raised my hands to my face, covering my mouth as I looked at him. "You want to know what the first hardest thing I've ever done is?" He asks me.

"What?" I ask.

"This." He whispers before leaning his face in. He paused waiting for me to move my hands away from my face. And I did, slowly at first but once my hands were at my sides he caught my hand as he closed the space between us, until I was pressed firmly against the wall. He pushed his soft lips to mine, molding my mouth, kissing me expertly. His mouth was soft despite the urgency, shaping against mine and parting my lips with his tongue.

I gasped against his lips.

He breathed me in, held me whole and kissed me til I was breathless. Until my vision became blurry and I held onto him to keep me steady.

His hands were already around my neck as he pressed his forehead against mine, I heard what sounded like a clasp undo and felt the weight of a necklace release and land somewhere in my hands as he clasped his necklace in it's absence.

I stared at it now, confused as to how I still had it on all this time. I guess I just sort of forgot it was there still the necklace X had given me. I look away from it and place it in my back pocket as Scar watched me.

He looked afraid too at my reaction but his features relaxed once I smiled at him. "You'll love me someday." He promises.

I wrap my arms around him burying my face into his chest.

Why did I feel so guilty holding him this way?

I prayed at that moment that I could come to somehow reciprocate his feelings, that I unknowingly fall deeply and desperately in love with him that it blinds me...but my heart just wasn't there yet but I wouldn't give up so easily.

Not when we've come this far.

"Thank you." I whisper against his chest as he holds me.

-tbc-