X.50

I stuffed clothes after clothes into my suit case, hurriedly placing everything I thought I would need but mostly rushing to avoid my mother altogether. I knew she would question me thoroughly about what it is I was doing or more like where I was going.

I thought I could tell her a lie just to get her to leave me alone but lying to my mother was something I was bad at.

Oddly though the pair standing at my door seemed like an unlikely duo but they also fit each other well.

"What are you doing?" Megan demands as my mom crosses her arms over her chest.

I stay silent, not bothering to answer as I continued packing. I felt that there was no point in remotely telling them how I felt. They wouldn't try to understand me especially if it involved X. For some reason, unknown to me, both my mother and Megan hated him. And as far as I knew X hadn't done a thing to them to deserve such hate.

And, I hate myself for putting myself in this vulnerable position. I feel like I've lost control of my life by being here. Allowing them to brainwash me into thinking he left me. "Flor?" Megan says irritated.

My eyes meet her's. "Isn't it obvious?" I mutter. "I'm leaving."

Megan scoffs not believing me at first but nothing about this is a joke to me. "Your kidding right?"

I shake my head, no.

My mom's eyes widen and she intervenes. Stepping into my room she places her hands onto the suitcase slamming it closed. "You can't." She says breathless shaking her head.

I make a face at them. "I'm not a kid anymore. I'm free to be as a please."

Megan laughs. "Oh my gosh, the only time's you've ever acted up is when the freak was around..." She trails off. "Wait." She mumbles to herself as if suddenly realizing something. "You aren't-"

"I'm going to see him." I blurt out cutting her off.

Both my mom and Megan stare at me with faces full of fear and shock. Mom shaking her head places a hand on either side of my shoulder shaking me. "You can't!" She hissed. "That boy is no good. He's only going to hurt you again!"

I took a step back away from her. "I love him." I say. "I don't care what happens anymore. I just want to see him." My eyes water. "We've both been hurt too much...we deserve to be happy, no?"

I look up gazing into the eyes of my mother shocked by what I see in them. The hatred she hoards in her heart towards Jahseh was immense almost infinite. Holding her breath from time to time until her heart pounded she smiled. "If you do this." Her voice was faint but the hatred in her words felt like daggers in my skin. "If you go see him you will no longer be my daughter."

My eyes widen and her words tugged at my heart painfully, but tears refused to come.

My mother was silent now, and all the pride that was in her turned to hatred towards Jahseh. I stared at her speechless, not sure of how to respond to that. I shook my head in disbelief, they were acting like X was some sort of maniac, as if he was the one who had hurt me...

"Fine." I mutter.

I walk past her grabbing my suitcase and purse along with my passport, Megan kept her gaze on me wanting to say something but instead kept quiet and moved aside as I walked down the stairs.

I heard them following behind me.

As I approached the door I could hear the roar of an engine outside and could only assume Scar was waiting for me. I turned around and gave them one last look before pulling the door open and there waiting on the other side was Scar with a small smile on his face.

"Ready baby girl?" He asks with a wink.

With a small smile on my face I nod and follow after him as we make our way to the city of LA.

-tbc-