X.47

My eyes couldn't comprehend what they were seeing. I stood looking on as I helplessly gripped the necklace hanging from my neck. I stared at the kid running across the lawn picking at the flowers, the daisy's now in his hand as he ran towards me. 

He smiled, why did he resemble X so much? 

"Mama?" The little kid turned away and headed over to Vena who was rubbing her belly. 

"Aiden come here." Vena calls out. 

I was confused, staring at her and the unborn child in her belly, my heart was beating frantically as I watched. She rolls her eyes at me, a small smirk on her face. "He isn't here Flor." Vena says as she holds little Aiden's hand. 

The wind blows towards us. "Your still so hung up on him?" She laughs. "Your pathetic Flor." 

I swallow looking at the floor momentarily before looking at her again. "He's moved on Flor." Vena continues. She pulls Aiden closer to her now, her eyes on me but suddenly she looks past me and that's when I feel a hand on the small of my back. 

I assumed it could only be Scar who had caught her attention. "You thought he'd wait for you?" My heart clenched. "He did the same thing to you what he did to me...he got what he wanted from us and left us behind." I can hear the anger in her voice. "He's with a different girl every day in a big old house driving fast cars and living life to the fullest while we're here."

I swallow. "He doesn't give two shits about us. He's changed Flor, he ain't the same dude who use to fuck with you...by now he must have forgotten your name." I took a step back. "The baby's his you know?" 

"Eh?" 

My eyes slice into her's. "He took me with him when he left, I comforted him...gave him what he needed to forget all about you." 

"Hey." Scar speaks up, wrapping his arms around me. "Let's go." He whispers. 

He starts pulling me away when I shake my head. "Your lying." I speak up. 

Vena laughs, tilting her head back. "Look at me Flor, I'm his baby mama...his first love...now tell me who the fuck are you?" 

I felt a tightening on my throat and breathing became difficult for me, this was a lie, it had to be some sick and twisted lie. I could see from here the satisfied smile on Vena's face and the tears that watered my eyes and fell down my cheeks only gave her greater satisfaction. Scar moved in front of me brushing the tears from my face. "Hey." He says in a soothing voice. "Don't listen to her." He cups either side of my face forcing me to look at him as my lip trembles. 

I nod my head once and Scar begins to turn me away when I see a woman come out the house. "Mama." Little Aiden smiles and runs up to her, she catches him and pulls him into her arms. Her eyes look over to me. There was a strange, blank, and yet intense, expression on her face. She looks at me for a moment before her eyes gleam and a flash of recognition consumes her features. 

"Flor?" She mouths confused. 

How did she know my name? 

She takes a step down the stairs in attempt to get a closer look at me but Vena says something to her blocking my view as I continue following Scar. 

I turn away staring at the walkway ahead of us, my head reaches for the necklace. I won't believe it, I can't, the person I love with all my heart wouldn't do those things she said. 

I believed in X. 

And I was going to do everything in my power to have our path's cross again. 

-and little did I know how soon that would come to be true-

-tbc-