Chapter Fifteen- Nightmares

((The video above is just hilarious. I'm sorry I had to. Though in real life I don't curse.))

Their usual day was totally simple. Wake up, eat breakfast, train, relax, patrol, relax some more, then go to sleep. They were currently on the last option on their checklist. Scar had changed into her Batman pj's and was now on her way to her bedroom. She tied her hair up into a ponytail and yawned. But before she went to bed, she had to do something. With a sly smile, she crept into Raph's room where the red clad turtle was getting ready for bed.

With a silent giggle, she lept up onto his shell, covering his eyes. "Guess who!" She smiled. Raph chuckled. "Mona Lisa." Scar scoffed and lept down. "I'm offended, Raphie." Raph smirked. "I'm kidding, Scar." She playfully rolled her eyes. Raph kissed her on the forehead. "Came to say goodnight?" Scar nodded, pressing her forehead to his. "Night." She whispered with closed eyes. "Night." He whispered back.

"Gross! Get a room!" Mikey yelled. Raph growled. "We ARE in a room!" "Really Mikey? Again with the walking in on us?" Scar added. He giggled nervously and ran off. Scar gave an irritated sigh and turned to leave. "See you tomorrow, Shortie." Raph called. Scar chuckled. "You too, Raphie." It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, seeing as she'd had a busy day. The guys had been giving her minor ninjitzu lessons, with the approval and help of Master Splinter.

She fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.
- - -

The first thing Scar noticed was that she was surrounded by black. No other colors could be seen. Her brow furrowed in confusion. None of her dreams started off like this. It scared her. She gulped, looking around. Suddenly, a white light blinded her, causing her to cover her now burning eyes. Slowly, she uncovered them and gasped. Her once bland surroundings were now life like and vivid.

It looked as though she was in an alleyway. The ground was wet and the moon was full. An ominous fog settled a few inches above the ground, making the tone of the environment ten times more eerie. She pressed her lips in a thin line. Suddenly, Raph lept off of a nearby roof and landed before her. "Scar? What are you doing here?!" He demanded breathlessly. "Actually I don't really know myself."

Raph groaned. "When I say hide, I don't mean out in the open!" He picked her up bridal style. "Let's go." He said. He sounded... Frantic and fearful. Scar didn't protest as he carried her through the foggy streets of New York.

As gently as possible, he shoved her underneath a truck. "Stay." He commanded firmly. Scar scoffed. "Yes, sir boss." Raph gave a sad smile before turning to leave. Scar crawled to the edge of the truck and peered out at Raph as he ran. Suddenly, Shredder landed before him. Scar had to cover her mouth to keep herself silent.

"Where is she?" Shredder demanded. Raph pulled out his sais. "I'm not letting you touch her!" Shredder's eyes narrowed and he revealed his tekkō-kagi. Raph charged, green eyes blazing. Shredder deflected all of his attacks as though they were from an inexperienced child. Without so much as a grunt, Shredder grabbed Raph's sais, using his free hand to elbow him. Raph fell to the ground with a thud. Scar's eyes widened.

"Your pathetic." Was all he said before stabbing Raphael. "NO!" Scar screamed he slung the body aside uselessly. Shredder turned to her. "You!" He bellowed. Scar's sadness turned to anger suddenly. She wanted Shredder to feel pain. Needed it. She crawled from under the truck and stood up, anger surging through her veins. Without even trying, everything around her began to rise into the air. Dumpsters, slabs of concrete, Street lights, even the truck she was hiding under.

Shredder chuckled. "Your boyfriend was weak. What makes you think you'll be any stronger?" At the mention of Raph, and in such a lowly way, something in Scar snapped. She let out an angry battle cry and charged.
- - -

"NO!" Scar yelled as she woke up with a start. She was now drenched in sweat and her hair was matted and wild. Her breathing was quick and frantic. Once she realized where she was, she began to relax a little. She was safe.

Or was she? She gasped. "Raph!" She said suddenly. She threw off her covers and ran toward the hotheaded turtle's room. She had to make sure he was alright. She rushed to his bedroom door and practically threw it open. Raph was laying there, yes, but he could be...

She shook him vigorously. "Raph! Raph! Raphie wake up! Please, please wake up!" He groaned and turned over to face her, his neon green eyes shining in the darkness. "Scar, do you know what time it is?" He asked groggily. Without even responding, Scar burst into tears and hugged him tightly.

Raph was surprised at the gesture, but once he saw she was genuinely troubled, he quickly hugged her back. "Don't ever leave me." Sir begged repeatedly. Raph nuzzled her hair. "I won't Scar. I won't, I promise." They stayed that way until Scar's crying was reduced to mere sniffling. "Nightmare?" He asked. Scar nodded. "Wanna talk about it?" She shook her head. "Wanna sleep in here tonight?" Scar sniffled again, but nodded.

Raph scooted over a bit and Scar laid down beside him. Raph wrapped his arms around her protectively. "No funny business." Scar yawned. Raph gave a soft smile "Wouldn't dream of it." He said gently kissing her forehead.