Chapter Twenty- Lost voice, same love

Donnie said that Scar should wake up soon. She'd been out for two days. He wasn't worried, though. He just stared at her with kind eyes. He remembered the first time he saw her the determined look in her eyes and her go getter attitude. Plus, she was one of the few people in the world who understood his highly adept sarcasm. He sighed. "Wake up soon, Scar." He mumbled standing up and turning around. He was right at the door when a groan caught his attention.

He turned around abruptly, eyes wide. Scar blinked a bit before sitting up, looking around. "SCAR!" He exclaimed rushing over to her. Without warning, he enveloped her in a hug. She didn't hesitate to hug back. Raph pulled away, eyes glistening with tears he was attempting to hold back. "How are you feeling." Scar smiled and opened her mouth to speak. However, nothing came out. She looked a bit confused. With a furrowed brow, she tried again, only to get the same results. Raph blinked. "You... Can't speak?" He asked. "No. She just lost her voice." Donnie sais, scaring Raph half to death. Star silently giggled as he screamed. Donnie gave him a confused look before continuing. "The water did immense damage to her vocal cords. She won't be able to say anything for a while." Scar's looked agitated. "How was she supposed to be sarcastic now?!"

Raph sat next to her and pulled her onto his lap. "We'll get through it." He said nuzzling into her neck. "We always do.