Chapter Sixteen- A deadly edge to my average day

Scar sighed as she passed yet another building. Splinter said that she needed to get out more and suggested that she take a long, calming walk. Sure, when she was fully human, she found glee in running up and down a field hockey arena in the astro, but that was different. That was fun. Just walking around for no other reason than personal pleasure, Scar hated that like Olivia hated meditation.

She brushed a strand if hair out of her eyes and stopped abruptly as her eyes caught sight of a Starbucks Coffee shop. She thought about it for a moment. When April gave everyone money, she said it was only to be used in case of an emergency. But this is an emergency. Longing for Starbucks coffee is among my emergency list. She thought.

With a grin, she turned right and walked into the store, the bell ringing once she entered. An Asian girl with bright silver eyes looked up at her with a smile. "Hello and welcome to Starbucks. What do you wanna order?" She asked as though it had been rehearsed a thousand times. Scar thought for a moment. She loved their coffee, but they had some good hot chocolates too. "I'll take the new White Chocolate Mocha." She said. It never hurt to try something new. "What size?" "Venti." Scar answered simply, handing the woman $4.75." She took it, still smiling. "I'll be right back." She said, walking to the back.

Scar sighed, leaning onto the counter. "When I get this, I swear I'm going home." She stated boldly. "I don't think so. A new voice nearly purred. Scar whipped around and gasped as she saw a teen who she thought she'd never see again. "Karai!" She exclaimed. Karai chuckled. "Hey Scar. Heard you outsmarted Tigerclaw. I'll give you points for that."

Scar smiled. "Thank you." "It's almost a shame I have to beat you to a pulp." "Yeah... Wait what?!?!" Without warning, Karai flipped over the table, kicking Scar in the face. She fell to the floor in a heap. "Dang it, Karai!" She hissed. Karai shrugged before punching Star in the face once more, knocking her unconscious.

With a smirk, she reached into Scar's pocket, pulling out her T-phone and calling her first contact.

Raphael