Part 2 {Scars}

I park my car in front of their house.

'Maya, hey!' I smile, 'Hi, Eth.' 'How are you doing?' 'Never been better.'

Well, that's a lie. I am not doing great, not even close to great.

'Come on in.'

I walk down the hall into the living room where Grayson is sitting on the couch watching tv.

'Hey Gray,' I say while entering the living room. 'Hey, Maya.' He stands up from the couch and walks up to me and gives me a hug.

'Do you want something to drink?' Ethan asks. 'Yeah, some water is okay.' He nods and walks into the kitchen.

I sit down on the couch in the same spot where Grayson was sitting.

'Maya, I was sitting there!' 'Now I am.'

He walks up to me and starts tickling me.

'Grayson stop,' I laugh. 'No you're still sitting on my spot.' 'Okay, I will sit somewhere else just stop.'

Ethan enters the room. 'Please take a room you two.'

I stand up and sit on the seat next to him.

P.O.V. Grayson

She has such a cute laugh. I really wanna kiss her right now but that is a weird thing to do because we only have known each other for only two weeks.

'Please take a room you two,' Ethan says.

I give Ethan an angry look and he laughs. He knows that I like her I mean it is probably kinda obvious.

I liked her ever since we had to do an assignment for physics. At first, I thought that she was really annoying and a spoiled brat but she turned out really nice.

I guess what they say, "don't judge the book by its cover" is really true. Although that isn't really what it means...

'Gray?' Maya says. I look at her and she smiles, 'I already asked three times what you were watching but you still haven't responded.'

I look at the tv and then back at her.

'I actually don't know what I'm watching.' She starts to laugh and Ethan looks weird at me.

Did I say something weird?

P.O.V Maya

'You wanna do something Maya?' Grayson asks. 'Sure what were you thinking about'

'Maybe we should go to the beach?' 'It is already nine pm.' 'So what?' Ethan says. 'Let's go.'

- - -

We walk to the beach and I lay a towel down on the sand while Grayson and Ethan go surfing.

The sky is really bright tonight. It is really pretty because you can see many stars.

'Maya, come get in the water!' Ethan yells at me.

'No the water is so cold!' 'Bullshit come on!' I shake my head and Ethan runs up to me.

'No Ethan don't!' I try to run away but I am not fast enough so he is able to hug me.

He is really wet because he probably fell in the water while surfing.

'Now you will come and surf with us right?' 'Sure.'

I walk to the water and walk in it, I can't surf so I am definitely not going to do that but swimming is fine I guess.

Grayson jumps into the water and swims towards me.

He splashes water on my face, 'Gray, stop!' I laugh.

He grabs my hands and looks at my arms. I almost forgot that he had never seen me without long sleeves on.

'What is this?' He looks at my arm.

I pull my arm back and look at the water. It is cold, really cold.

'Maya? What is it?' I shake my head.

I can't tell him when he knows he will probably look in a different way to me than before and I don't want him to.

'Come on tell me, please I will help you.'

'What's going on here?' Ethan asks.

I look at Grayson. Is he going to tell Ethan?

'Nothing,' Grayson says.