Part 3 {Talk}

I open the door of the school and walk straight towards my locker.

I feel people looking at me, people are laughing, probably about me because they always make fun of me.

I open my locker and take out the books that I'll need.

I close it again and see Grayson standing right in front of me.

'Maya, we should talk.' 'About what?' 'About what I saw yesterday on your arm.' 'It is nothing Gray, just let it pass.'

'Are you okay?' I nod.

No, I am not okay, but I am not going to tell him that.

'Okay, then I will let it pass, but I am here for you if you ever need to talk.'

I smile at him and he walks away.

Why don't I just tell him how I really feel? What a mess I actually am. I know I can trust him...

I walk into the classroom and everyone gets quiet. I walk to my spot in the back of the class with my head down.

I look at my phone and see that I have a lot notifications. I unlock it and see that they are from Sayatme.com.

OMG you're so fat.

Haha, she will never get a boyfriend.

How can you be so ugly?

Please just kill yourself or something.

After I read the last comment I immediately turn my phone off.

I feel water filling up my eyes, I don't wanna cry, not now. I get my backpack and run out of the classroom.

I don't care that everyone was looking at me. I don't want this. Any of this.

I run outside and sit on one of the benches.

P.O.V Grayson

I look outside of my classroom and see Maya running away. She isn't doing fine, but I can't tell her that I know.

'Mister Dolan, Grayson Dolan.' 'Sorry?' I ask my teacher confused. 'Are you still paying attention?' I nod. 'It doesn't seem like it.' 'Sorry,' I say quietly.

After class, I immediately run outside to see if I can find Maya.

She's nowhere to be found.

I walk back in and walk to the cafeteria.

'Gray!' I turn around and see Ethan waving at me.

'Hi Eth, have you seen Maya?' 'No why?' 'Nothing special.'

I look around in the cafeteria but she isn't there.

I take out my phone and send her a message.

Me: Hey Maya

She responds like immediate.

Maya: Hey
Me: everything ok? I saw you running out of your class.
Maya: Yeah I am ok. Just some stupid girl stuff.

Girl stuff? Does she mean her period? What kinda a girl stuff would she else mean, right?

Me: Okay, where are you now?
Maya: I went home
Me: Ok, can I come over after school?
Maya: Sure

- - -

I walk to the parking lot and get in the car.

I drive to her house and she opens the door very fast when she sees my car.

'Hey Maya,' I say and give her a hug. She responds differently to me giving her a hug than normally.

'Hey.'

We walk to her room and we both sit on her bed.

'So? Why did you want to come over?' 'I just wanted to check in on you, to make sure that you're okay.' She smiles.

It makes me happy to see her smile, it makes me happy to make her smile.

I hear footsteps in the hallway and then on the stairs. Someone's coming upstairs.

P.O.V Maya

I hear someone coming upstairs.

Please don't let it be my brother, please don't be Josh.

My door slams open and there he is, Josh.

Grayson looks confused at me.

'Oh wow, Maya I didn't know that you had a boyfriend,' Josh says to me. 'I am not-' Grayson tries to say. 'What ever, wouldn't even have made sense if she had a boyfriend.'

I look at my feet, why does he have to be so mean to me.

'What do you mean?' Grayson asks. 'I mean, look at her, no one will ever be able to like her, that fat face of hers is just too ugly.' 'That's really mean, dude.'

Josh walks out of my room without saying another word.

'Who was that?' Grayson asks me. 'My twin brother.' 'Why is he being so mean?' 'I don't know, I really don't.'

I see my phone lighting up in the corner of my eye, it's sayatme.com again. I try to read it but I don't get the chance because Grayson already takes my phone.

'Kill yourself you ugly as fuck, You are so fat, You will never have any friends, maybe you're better off dead,' Grayson reads out loud. 'Maya what is this?' 'Just some people with mean comments.' 'How long has this been going on?' 'For a while now.'

I feel my eyes getting watery again but this time I won't do anything about it. He can see how I really feel now.

He pulls me in a hug, a really tight, warm hug.

'You're not fat, not ugly, you're not better off dead and you do have friends, remember that.' I nod, 'thank you.' 'You are really beautiful Maya, I love you.'