Part 12 {The Dress}

I walk into the kitchen where my mom is sitting.

'Hi, mom.' 'Hi, Maya.'

I walk to the fridge and get a can of diet coke out.

I sit down on one of the chairs standing in the kitchen when I hear the toilet flush.

I look at my mom.

Pierre walks in with the biggest smile on his face I have ever seen.

'Did a good job on the toilet?' I ask him. 'Maya! You don't ask people that kinda stuff.'

He sits down next to me.

I look at my phone on Instagram, nothing really new.

I put my phone away when I feel someone's hand on my leg.

I look at the hand, it's Pierre's.

'I am going upstairs,' I immediately say and walk away.

I sit at my desk and look at the mess.

There's a lot of stuff on there most of the things are drawings, pencils, paper and some pictures of vacation I took with my Polaroid camera.

There is one thing that my eye stays focused on. My ticket for the Christmas gala.

I don't know if I still wanna go, it's tomorrow and I really don't feel like going, but I promised him, that I would go so I will.

'Maya! Are you ready to go dress shopping?' My mom asks from downstairs. 'Yes, mom be there in a minute.'

I put some mascara on, and I walk downstairs.

We get in the car and she starts the engine and we get on our way to the dress store.

- - -

'Maya you look so good in this one!' 'Yeah?'

I am wearing a white short dress with a laced top.

I look in the mirror, I really do look nice.

'We will take this,' I tell the woman that was helping us. She nods.

I walk back in my fitting room and take off the dress which I give to the lady so my mom can go and pay.

I am excited about the gala, I really am at the moment.

- - -

I go into my room and put the dress on.

I sigh, no long sleeves. I covered it up with makeup when we went dress shopping, but it will fade really fast at the gala because of the heat.

It is probably the first time that people in school will see me without long sleeves, not that they will notice.

I do my makeup, I keep my eye look a bit nude but with glitter, and my lips I will make red.

I curl my hair and put two picks that are hanging in my face in a braid and I will attach that to the back.

I look in my closet for some high heels. I found a pair of high heels. Black heels. I put them on and walk downstairs.

'You look so nice, honey!' My mom says

'You look so nice, honey!' My mom says. 'Thanks, mom,' I say and I hug her. She is almost in tears.

'Josh are you also ready?' My mom yells upstairs. 'Is Josh going as well?' 'Yes he is, he changed his mind yesterday.'

That's going to be fun.

He walks down the stairs with a suit on.

'Let's make a picture of you two.'

We stand next to each other and smile. Fake smile for the both of us, but my mom probably won't notice.

He doesn't say anything about my look, that's probably a good thing.

I see a car stopping in front of our house.

'That must be your date, Maya!' I smile at my mom who is all excited.

She opens the door, she was right it is my date.

'You look gorgeous Maya,' Ethan says. 'Thank you, you look pretty good yourself.'

'Let me make a picture of the two of you.'

Ethan gently puts his hand on my waist and I hold my hand against his chest.

We get to the car and he holds the door for me.

'Thank you very much.' 'No problem.'

We drive off to the party, my first school party, with Ethan.

Authors note:

IT'S ETHAN!!!! Who expected it, that it would be him?

And who do you like more, Maya and Grayson or Maya and Ethan?

I like both a lot! Ethan is just so nice and Grayson has some secrets that Maya doesn't know about.

Next part will be up here by tomorrow, The Gala!!!

It will be a messy first gala for Maya...

Love you all guys and see you tomorrow! ❤️