Part 23 {let's end it, all}

P.O.V. Grayson

I arrive at her house and I see her car. I rang the doorbell but nobody opens the door.

"Reserve key, under the pile of stones." She told me once when she didn't want to wake up her mom.

I ran upstairs and slam the door of her room open.

'Maya!'

She is lying on the ground, she isn't moving, she is just lying there.

'No, Maya, no no no no.'

I sit down next to her, I grab her face and shake it a little to see if she wakes up.

No response.

This can't be happening, this can't be true.

I look on her dresser, there's a medicine bottle.

Painkillers, take one every day.

Tears are streaming down my cheeks.

'Why would she do this?'

I get my phone and call 911.

'911, what's your emergency?' 'Hello? A friend of mine tried to kill herself, I think she took painkillers, please send an ambulance or something, I don't want her to die.' 'I will send an ambulance to your address, please stay calm and wait for the ambulance to come.' 'Thank you.'

I hang up.

'Maya, please wake up, I love you.'

I grab her body and hold it.

'Don't leave me, please don't leave me.'

The doorbell rings.

I immediately run downstairs and open the door.

'Did you call for an ambulance?' 'Yes, yes, come on in, my friend is upstairs.'

They nod and I walk upstairs with them.

They enter her room and I stand in the door opening.

'Are you her boyfriend?' One of the paramedics asks. 'Yes.' 'Do you know what happened?' 'I think she tried to kill herself.'

The tears keep streaming down my cheeks, 'I can't lose her.'

'Do you know where her parents are?' 'Her dad doesn't live here and I don't know where her mom is,' I say.

'Okay, we have to take her to the hospital immediately, because there is still a chance we can save her, but it's small.' I nod, 'can I come with you?' 'Sure.'

They put her on the brancard and put her in the ambulance.

- - -

I am waiting in the waiting room when her mom and Pierre walk in.

'How is she?' 'I don't know,' I tell her mom.

She sits down on a chair, it doesn't look like she cried.

We wouldn't she cry, her daughter almost died!

'Family of Maya Holland?'

I stand up from my chair and walk up to the doctor.

'She is stable, for now. Our surgery was very heavy for her, so we had to make the choice of keeping her in an artificial coma so that means that we apply artificial respiration because she can't breathe on her own at the moment. We hope she'll wake up by herself, but we don't know that yet. If she doesn't wake up by herself we don't have a choice but to stop the artificial respiration and slowly let her die,' the doctor explains.

'How big is the chance that she will wake up?' I ask.

The doctor looks with a concerned look.

'There is a 40% chance that she will wake up.'

60% chance that she won't...

I shut everything out.

I can't hear anything anymore, I can't lose her!

She isn't leaving me! She can't!

'Can we see her?' I hear her mom asks.

'Grayson? Do you wanna go first?' I nod.

I walk through the hall towards room 141, the room she's in.

I press the call button because it is the ICU and you can't just go in.

I am really nervous to see her, maybe I can't handle seeing her like this, maybe this is the last time I actually can see her.

I enter her room, there she is, lying still on a bed in a white room, with a tube in her mouth so she can breathe.

I am tearing up again, it is just so hard to see her like this.

I sit down on the chair next to her, holding her hand.

'I love you, Maya, don't you dare to ever forget that!'

'You will always be with me no matter what, and I don't wanna say good bye but maybe this is good bye.'

'Maybe I will never hear your cute laugh, your perfect voice and of course your silly jokes ever again.'

I give her a kiss on her forehead, 'I love you, you were my first real love and I know you loved me.'