Part 16 {A Date}

P.O.V. Grayson

I pick up all the pieces of her phone and lay it on the drawer box.

I feel so bad for her, and I really wanna help her but I don't know what I can do.

I look at my bed and she's still laying in there.

'Hey.' She says. 'Hi, had a nice nap?' She nods. 'How is my phone?' I shake my head, 'you probably have to buy a new one.'

She lets her back of her head fall back in the pillow.

'It will be okay, it is just your phone.' She doesn't respond.

I lay next to her in bed. She lays her head on my chest.

'You know that I am here for you, right?' I ask. 'Yeah I do.' 'I really wanna help you with whatever you are going through.' 'I know, but I don't want help.'

'I don't know what you are going through but you don't have to do this all by yourself, okay?' She nods.

'Do you want to go to the cinema?' 'Sure.'

We walk downstairs, holding each other hands.

'We are going to the cinema,' I tell Ethan. 'Okay, have fun.'

We walk outside and get in the car and I start the engine and ride away.

'Which movie you wanna watch?' I ask her while standing in front of a board with all the movies on it. 'I have heard good things about Dunkirk.' 'Okay, lets go there then.'

We get our tickets and go to the cinema room.

We go sit in our seats.

'Do you want some popcorn?' 'No not necessarily.' 'Well I do, so I am going to get some.'

I walk out the room on my way to the counter where you can buy popcorn.

'Hey, Grayson.' I turn around and see Carly.

Can't we literally go anywhere without seeing her?!

'Leave me alone Carly.' 'Uhm, let me think about that? No.' She starts laughing. 'Are you here with Maya?' 'None of your business.'

I walk away with the popcorn. She'll probably follow me so I enter the alley that leads to the restroom.

I wait five minutes and then walk back.

Good, she isn't here anymore.

I walk back to the room and enter it. The movie already started.

I sit back next to Maya. 'Hi,' she whispers. 'Hey.' 'Why did it take so long?' 'Had to go to the restroom as well.' 'Okay,' she says and she gets a bit of the popcorn.

After the movie, we get back in the car.

'Where are we going?' Maya asks. 'You'll see.'

I drive towards the beach.

'Are we going to the beach?' I don't respond. 'Don't ignore.' 'You'll see.'

I park my car on the parking spot outside a restaurant.

'You're taking me out for dinner?' 'Who said that?'

We walk inside.

'Hello, how are you doing today?' 'I am fine, thank you.' 'Great, have you reserved a table?' 'Yes, I have.' 'Under what name?' 'Dolan.'

P.O.V. Maya

We are in a very luxury restaurant at least it looks like it.

We sit down at our table.

We have a beautiful view of the beach.

'It's lovely here,' I say. 'Yes, it really is, especially with you.' 'Stop it.' He laughs.

- - -

We walk along the beach, holding hands.

'I really liked dinner.' 'Me too,' he says.

He stops walking and stands in front of me.

'I really like you, Maya,' he says.

I look down at the sand. 'Don't look down, you have no reason to.' He lifts my chin up and kisses me.

'I love you, Grayson, I love you so much.' 'I love you more,' he says and he hugs me.