Chapter 18 : No, Not Now

[Yeri's p.o.v.]

I felt the sudden need to open my eyes as the scene that occurred previously flashed inside my head. My eyes were finding something unusual. But the more I looked around I slowly came to realise that I was lying on a hospital bed.

I saw Hobi sitting beside me.

"Oh you're awake !" Hoseok pecked me on my forehead."sorry I dozed off"

"Why am I here ? What happened to me ? Is everything alright ?" He pressed his index on my lips, making me stop questioning him.

"Hush hush baby everything is fine but you fainted...you need to take rest. Your brothers are feeling sorry for you after what had happened last night" He combed my hair with his fingers.

Nothing came out of my mouth except a simple "oh".

"wait...maybe I should call the doc" Hoseok said and went to call the doctor.

The doctor came in along with Hoseok "Yeri I'm Dr. Park."

I slightly bowed my head.

"Let me check you, Hoseok if you don't mind can you please stand outside." The doctor said.

She started checking my pulses, blood pressure and began "I have taken a test of yours yesterday night and the results are out...Yeri you need to listen to me carefully. Look I'm going to tell you something and you are going to react peacefully."

I nodded.

She started again, "Yeri I wanted you to know this first that you are suffering from Valvular Heart disease. "

"What??? W-w-hat is it ?"

"Valvular heart disease is characterised by damage to or a defect in one of the four heart valves. It can be treated but your condition is critical. You need to take care of yourself." She gave a pause and injected a medicine inside my nerves.

wait ? what's happening ?

Then she continued again"Now that I told you I'm going to tell Hoseok about this...I thought of telling him later because of the love I see in his eyes for you ...is different...I don't know how he is going to react so I have called for your friends and brothers too.." She was cut by me "Doctor, please I don't want him to know about my disease.."

"But.."

"Please...when the right time comes I'll tell him by myself...but not now" yes, I decided to break our promise.

"Doc may I come in?"Hoseok slightly opened the door and popped his head inside.

"Oh you may Hoseok"

He came and gave a warm smile to me. His eyes were curious and nervous to know my results but this is not the right time !

"Is everything alright ?"Hoseok asked.

what is she gonna say ? Is she going to tell him the truth . I don't want him to know. Every bad thing in the world happens to me, why? Now that I started my relationship with Hoseok and started living a normal happy life, my life took a new curve.

I closed my eyes ; afraid to know what the doctor will say to him. I heard her clear her throat " uhmm It's nothing serious ....but yes she needs rest...and you need to take care of her..." she gave a 'it's-okay-I'll -manage' look and a smile. thank god !

"What really happened to her?" Hoseok began...omg what's with him? Why is he so curious? because he loves you idiot!

"Exam stress ....as you told me about everything what had happened yesterday night...I assume that she was very very stressed out. She needs rest for about a week or else take her out for a trip."

He nodded and came towards me and kissed my temples.

"Thank you doctor " He said and bowed to her politely.

"That's my duty Hoseok! Anyways I have to go...so you can check out by night today and take care kids" She left the room leaving me with my husband behind.

"Thank god baby..everything is all right...you made me scared so much...you didn't even wake up when we sprinkled water on you...I was so scared" He sat by me again and held my hands.

"Hushh" I placed my index finger on his lips this time "enough Mr.Jung ...Let's get ready for our honeymoon...Doctor said~na That I need to go for a vacation..." I made an aegyo and he placed a soft kiss on lips.

"Why are you so cute?" He did the same.

"Stop doing aegyo or else I'll die here right now coz My heart is going to fail."

----------

Jungkook, Jimin, Suga, Ash, Jaehee and Seventeen came to ask my condition. We spent the entire afternoon talking. Then we checked out from the Hospital. We thanked the nurses and Doctor.

Even Dr.Park and I exchanged phone numbers.

"So when is the party?" Suengkwan asked.

"Party?"Hoseok and I asked at the same time.

"Yeah....a marriage party and also... you getting out of the hospital.."

"Ah Seriously now?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes" "party, party" everyone started cheering.

"Okay okay we'll see" Hoseok said.

"What about having the party tomorrow...perfectly ...with a venue...dress ....and everything" Jungkook suggested.

"But..."

Jungkook began without listening to anyone "We'll manage ..right guys!"

"Yes" the others nodded.
.
.
.
We all headed back to our homes.

Today, was a hard day ! I got to know about my disease. and I don't know what is going to happen to me in the future. I don't even know whether I did the right thing by not telling Hobi anything? maybe I was too afraid to see his reactions. But now I think that it will only be the time which we will determine everything in my life.

Today, when the guys came to meet me in the Hospital, three people didn't come, my brothers. Last night, did I say something extra ? Was I reacting too much ? But they also spoke to Hobi harshly. I think I had the right to speak to them and make them realise what they were doing. And also I met them after so many years, I don't want to lose them again...so Should I forgive them ? ...I don't know ... they should have understood my condition.

JungYeri stop thinking about what had already happened. Because it's not you who write your days. Just think about tomorrow...about what should I wear ? How are they going to organise ?

It was hard for me to organise my thought and it will be harder for me as I'll grow greedier day by day.

To be continued...