Prologue

Lauren Davis was a shy and awkward illustrator, however when she spoke with her art, she spoke with confidence and with power. Lauren simply knew how to keep her mouth shut when it came to what life was like for her at home. Her dad had left her at the age of 9 and her mother was arrested for murder, though she never knew details about it, nor did she want to know. She lived with her older sister who didn't really care about her. 

Lauren had many friends at one point but that all changed when her mother was arrested. She distanced herself from her friends and even Jughead. Her sister, Maya Davis, eventually got sick of her numb expression and sent her away to a mental institution to be treated for her Depression. Lauren just needed time to heal from her, still fresh, wound that was formed by her mother's betrayal, her fathers departure and her sisters bitter disgust for her. And Lauren had never felt so alone in her life. If anything, entering the hospital had only made her Depression worse. 

When Lauren had returned from her lonely life in an empty hospital room, she didn't expect a greeting from her sister. Lauren opened the front door to be met with a terrible smell of liquor and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. Maya Davis walked from the Living Room to see her younger sister standing in front the door. Neither had known what to do and they shared a quick glance, staring at each other. 

"You're out already?" Maya questioned, grimacing at her own words, she rubbed her eyes in exhaustion. 

"Yeah. I got better I guess." Lauren answered, trailing off awkwardly. She shrugged her shoulders lightly as she set her suitcase on the floor. 

"I though you would never get out. You need to find a job, it's getting harder to pay off the bills." The older Davis instructed without emotion and she walked away. No greeting, no 'Hey, I'm glad you're back, I missed you' and no warm embrace. And everything in the room got colder as her sister walked away without a second glance. 

Lauren sighed, her eyes getting sad as she dragged her luggage to her room, setting it on the bed. Nothing had changed. Obviously. She didn't expect her sister to visit the room. She shook her head at that and changed into something more comfortable. 

Lauren had nothing to do, since she just exited a mental hospital. Not knowing what to do other then to simply sleep, Lauren walked out of her room right when she heard her sisters door slam shut. She then walked out of the house along with a notebook and her earphones and headed to the cafe that she often went to for comfort, Pops Chock'lit Shoppe. 

Entering the shop she saw nobody around which wasn't as odd as she thought. She ordered her usual Hot Chocolate, getting a sweet greeting from the owner. He expressed how he thought the shop was empty without her around which made Lauren give him a small smile. 

The bell had rung making the girls head turn, seeing a familiar beanie pop into view. She cursed at herself, ducking her head out of view, hoping that the boy didn't see her. 

"Lauren?" Jughead asked, his eyes slightly wide and his voice a little monotone.

"Hey, jug." Lauren answered, turning around slightly, her eyes falling to the floor awkwardly. 

"When did you- uh, What ha- How are you?" Jughead stuttered until finally settling on something specific. He didn't want to jump into why she had basically disappeared in his eyes. 

"I'm okay." She nodded slightly as he stood over her. "You okay?"

He nodded as well, "I'm okay too." 

The two stood in silence not really knowing what to say to the other. "Do you want to join me?" Lauren asks finally and the boy smiled, taking a seat next to her. 

Then it was like Lauren had never left and Jughead had always been there. They talked about their summer, their lives and how their families were, Lauren hesitating on the family part. Jughead briefly known about Lauren's family, only knowing about her fathers departure and her mothers disappearance. 

They talked until it became quiet again and it got serious. 

"Jug, promise me that this year, nothing will change between us. No hatred. No betrayal." Lauren said, grabbing his hand, he looked at her slightly confused. 

"Of course. Why would anything change?" The boy in the beanie asked.

"Because, something tells me that this year will be different." Lauren shrugged her eyes locking with his. "Now, promise."

Jughead rolled his eyes. "I promise." 

But of course humans never tend to keep their promises.

*******

A new Riverdale Fan-Fiction, what? 

Well of course I'm obsessed with this show so why not? I don't expect to update often because I really just want to focus on my Teen Wolf  fanfiction, although every time I say that I end up updating the very next day. 

I am really excited for this book, i have so many ideas. I wont promise that this will be exactly like the show, a lot of the book will explain Lauren's situation and more about her family. However this is only the Prologue so I hope your just as excited as me. 

I have many idea's for all my characters and not only for Lauren but also Maya. 

Lauren Davis is played by the beautiful Hailee Steinfeld and  Maya Davis is played by Caitlin Carver. 

I hope you enjoyed and keep reading!