10-Close

CHAPTER 10- CLOSE

"How hard would it even be, if you gave me a little heads up?" Archie questions, trailing behind Lauren and Jughead. 

The duo had been handing out flyers for the closing night of the place Jughead adored to no end. After everything that had been happening to the teenagers, from sibling drama to romantic drama, they only needed each other at the moment. After Lauren had the fight with her sister and the, quite unfortunate and saddening, discovery she had made, the younger Davis had not spoken to anyone yet, only nodding or giving one-worded answers. 

She had cried her tears though and had just needed time away from her, which is why she stayed in her room, wide awake, the whole night. 

"Look," Jughead started, already sighing at his friend as he and the girl passed out more flyers. "I am, by nature, a conscientious objector, not saying anything to either you or Betty was the most moral, apathetic choice I could make. It was a decision both Lauren and I made with a completely fresh mindset."

Archie looked at Lauren, questioningly but she simply ignore his disappointed stare. "But, guys, she's not going to write anything about me or Grundy in the paper, is she? Like she did with Chuck?"

Lauren sighed shaking her head before harshly grabbing a hold of the boys arms and taking them to the side. "Arch, the fact that you even think Betty would do that makes me really sad. The girl is in complete awe with you so no, she wouldn't." 

"And think about what you're asking, if there even was an iota of a chance that something that could hurt you in any way, Betty wouldn't do it. Probably." Jughead adds making Archie groan at the last statement. 

"Oh my god," Archie groans looking around in distress. 

"He's kidding." Lauren tells him, scolding the beanie boy before rolling her eyes. "She does have a point though, what do you even see with Grundy? Like in the future?" 

Both of the boys turned to look at the girl, their attention now focused on her small frame. 

"I want to be with her." Archie sighed as Jughead starts to put up the print outs. "I don't know how, but I want to hang on to what I have with her for as long as possible."

"Yeah, I feel that. I've been holding on to something a lot older then me as well." Jughead tells him, causing Lauren to crack a smile. 

"Just if Betty's gonna do anything crazy, can you please let me know so I can try and stop her." Archie pleads to the pair but Lauren tries her best to walk away from it, knowing if they didn't he would find a way to blame them. Jughead nods hesitantly and Archie looks at Lauren who was already walking away from the pair. 

Jughead grins as he pats the red-heads back and jogs to catch up with the girl. He slings his shoulder around Lauren who was walking beside him quietly.