1- First Day Drama

CHAPTER 1,

CHAPTER 1,

 FIRST DAY DRAMA

Despite having been 'away' from Riverdale for most of summer, Lauren had a few days to spare. More like 2 days but that should be enough for her to find a job. Not knowing where to apply because she was absolutely clueless. She was so desperate she even asked her sister for help, who simply replied with an 'I don't know'. 

Lauren couldn't help but feel as if everything she was trying to do, would never end up actually happening. She wanted to mend her friendship with her former friends and her relationship with her sister. Though it was extremely hard when it came to involving her sister in anything. And to be honest she was getting quite fed up with her attitude though she didn't admit it. She hadn't done anything wrong. 

Lauren walked to the cafe she always went to, hoping to find a job where she actually felt comfortable. When she walked into the shop, she immediately spotted Pop Tate, brushing the floors with his broom. 

"Pop Tate!" Lauren yelled with a grin plastered on her face. 

"Lauren!" Pop Tate yelled equally as happy. 

"I need a favor, Pops." Lauren says biting on her lip. 

"What can I do for you, sweetheart?" 

"I need a job, it's getting harder for us to pay off the rent and the bills." Lauren had said, it was no secret to the residents of Riverdale that Teresa Davis was in jail and Johnathon Davis had left his family at the time of need but not all people were sympathetic towards the two girls, some made fun of the situation they were put in. 

"I wouldn't want a young, beautiful girl like you to be working for such a simple shop, but I understand. Plus, I'll always have an open slot for my favorites!" Pop Tate talks quietly but towards the end he exclaimed in happiness. 

"When can I start?" Lauren asks in happiness. 

"Whenever you can." 

"Now?" 

Pop Tate reluctantly allowed her to start working the very same day. Lauren wasn't that excited and she knew she had to be a little extra happy with the customers but if that was the way to her sisters heart, she didn't mind a few hours of work. 

As customers entered and exited the restaurant Lauren's mood got kind of bitter. She would see a family walk in, smiling and almost bursting happiness while she was stuck with an excuse of a sister, She tried to mask it, the best she could. 

But when Betty Cooper and Archie Andrew's walked into the cafe, Lauren wished she was invisible for the time being, before she could even walk out of the cafe, Pop Tate gave her a look and she sighed, taking a notepad and pen and walking towards the table the duo were sat at. 

Taking in a deep, nervous breathe Lauren plastered a small smile on her face greeting the two. "Good evening, what can I get you two?"

Betty looked annoyed as her conversation with Archie was interrupted but when she looked up to see her former best friend her face softened. Lauren bit her lip in hope she was doing reasonably well for talking to her former friends.