8- Rage

CHAPTER 8- RAGE

CHAPTER 8- RAGE

"So how were your dates?"

Lauren and Veronica jump in surprise as a small shriek escapes Lauren mouth, she quickly regains her balance and quickly shakes her head in amusement, putting her books in her locker. 

"First of all, not a date. Second, I'm pretty sure I confirmed that Reggie Mantle has a heart." Lauren said with a smile, looking at Kevin who smirked at her. Lauren had just been telling Veronica about the day she had and to say she had a great time was an understatement. 

"Looks like they really hit it off. Can we think of any ship names?" Veronica smiles as she asked, "I can see a future couple and all I can say is, I ship it." 

Kevin nodded in agreement. "I totally ship it too, I think Lauren may be the answer to all mysteries involving Reggie Mantle." 

Betty, however, was being careful as she didn't trust Reggie, who was known for breaking hearts. "Are you sure, Laur? I mean he's not a guy that can be trusted." 

"Yeah." Lauren nodded her head, closing her locker and turning to her. "It was one lunch, I'm still getting used to it." 

Betty hesitantly nods his head as she wiped her palms on her jeans, an old habit she has. 

"So how'd it go with Chuck?" Kevin quips changing the subject quickly. 

Veronica laughs shaking her head. "Chuck has muscles for days but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde or even Diablo Cody." 

Cheryl's minion's who Lauren hated, if possible, more then Cheryl, walked by a smirk plastered on their fake and bleached faces. "Hey, Veronica, how was the sticky maple you had last night?" 

Laurens eyes widened as she cursed not thinking for a moment this would happen. "The what?"     Veronica asked. 

"The sticky maple Chuck gave you? How was it?" The other one asked, her phone in hand. 

"We had a brownie sundae if that's what you hyena's mean." Veronica snapped looking at the group in confusion.

Suddenly all the phones in the hall started to beep and Kevin took his out, shock written on his face as he examined it. "Oh My God!" 

Lauren furrows her eyebrows as she looked over his shoulder to see a picture of a smiling Lodge and a smirking Clayton with Veronica's face covered in, obvious Photoshop, maple syrup. 

Veronica snatched the phone from his hands and examined it, her eyes narrowed. "What the hell is a sticky maple?" 

"It's kinda what it sounds like." Kevin admitted. "It's a Riverdale thing." 

"No Kevin, It's a slut shaming thing." Lauren fumed and shook her head in anger. 

"And, I'm neither a slut, nor am I going to be shamed by someone named, excuse me, Chuck Clayton."