14- Recognizing Feelings

CHAPTER FOURTEEN, RECOGNIZING FEELINGS

"Ronnie." 

Lauren's whisper had snapped Veronica out of her train of thoughts. The raven haired girl was seated right next to Lauren, the girl resting on the brunette's bed, her heels kicked off and her head resting on Lauren's pillow. Lauren's notepad in her hand as the other sat on her phone looking through social media, 

Veronica had brought the girl some chocolate and popcorn, claiming they needed some girl time, alone. Veronica hummed in response, the Living Room, that was in Lauren's room, played Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

"What do you do if you, more than like, someone, who you shouldn't more than like when you just like someone else." Lauren rushed out. Lauren had been struggling to get the words out of her mouth, she had to let it out, she needed to let it out.

Somehow, Veronica was able to understand every word the girl had spoken as she sat up straighter in the bed, her eyes widened, facing her. "Do you like two guys at the same time, Laur?" 

Lauren gulped, her shaky hands rucking her hair behind her ear, Lauren felt sick when Veronica put it like that, her mind swirling with doubt and regret, she shrugged, hoping the other would see her nonchalant expression despite it eating her alive. "I don't know what I feel." 

"You more than like Jughead and just like Reggie?" guessed Veronica, her eyebrows quirked at the prediction.

Lauren didn't want to let the surprise and shock cover her face completely but she was almost one hundred percent sure she had failed as she sat up quickly, her jaw dropped. "How-" 

"Your eyes, Laur." Veronica chuckled halfheartedly, her arm now supporting her head. "It hides so much but reveals so much at the same time." 

Lauren sighed, falling back onto the bed.

"Explain." Veronica ushered, her making a small hand gesture.

"I always had this weird kinda crush on him," Lauren admitted, "It was weird, my mom always encouraged me to tell him but I was too introverted to do so. And Reggie... He just kinda happened, I don't know about my feeling with him if I'm honest." 

Veronica let a small smile grace her lips, a knowing look on her face. "What do you feel when your around Jughead?" 

"He's my best friend, Ronnie. I feel like... myself when I'm with him and I feel just free. His hair, his beanie, I've grown up admiring him for himself and he's grown up admiring me for me. There's no lock when it comes to us, which might be bad but good at the same time, we can always get over something, it's never a dull moment when he's around." 

It was that moment when Lauren Davis had finally realized that she was in too deep, probably not for her own good, she had poured her heart out to the the dark haired girl who simply sat digesting her words. With that Lauren knew, whether she wanted to or not, she would end up breaking her heart without a doubt and she was most certainly not ready to feel that.