2-Make ups

CHAPTER TWO, 

CHAPTER TWO, 

MAKE UPS 

Though it was quite hard to escape school in between the lessons, Lauren had somehow stayed in the shadows. Not in the mood to talk to anybody, including her friends. She had mustered up enough courage to talk to Betty afterwards. After her mini breakdown of course. And even though Lauren had talked to Jughead about it, she couldn't get Cheryl's words out of her head. 

The words itself had no meaning but it had took it upon itself to be imprinted into her brain for the time being. 

That same day Lauren had not returned home, she simply dragged her bag to Pop's for her afternoon shift. 

Lauren was busy in her thoughts when Jughead had entered the cafe. He gave Lauren a grin as she stood up to join him in his booth. 

"What brings you here, Jones?" Lauren asked a small smirk on her face.

"Nothing out of the ordinary of course." Jughead nods, taking out his laptop. 

"Well, I have lunch break so, what do you need?" Lauren asks.

"The usual, Burgers, fries and everything nice." Jughead states, he winks at her as Lauren shakes her head, her smile not disappearing from her face. 

She got up to make the food and bring it over to the table as hey started to talk. Jughead's novel came up and naturally the two started to gossip about the death of Jason Blossom.

"I just don't get it." Lauren asks, shaking her head with a frown. She had gotten off her shift and decided to draw. "How can the captain of the water polo team drown?"

"I don't know. There's definitely more to the story." Jughead replied, agreeing with her. 

"I have a feeling that Cheryl is lying about something. Though i'm sure I would be the last person to know." Lauren shrugged, knowing very well that Cheryl hates her just as much as she does. 

"It's kind of hard to write a novel about a murder when you don't even know most of the details." The boy in the beanie admits. Lauren gives him a sympathetic smile. 

They continued to talk about other things as Lauren watched the sunset and soon the pair were sat in a comfortable silence as Lauren drew the scene around her. Though none noticed the smile on Lauren's face that had never left her face while sitting with Jughead.

*****

Lauren had decided to talk to Betty and fix her broken friendship. She was simply thinking about her and had decided to just do it! Lauren was not going to admit it but she missed Betty and her motivation and her encouragement.

Betty and Lauren were friends since they were toddlers.Teresa and Jonathon Davis were great friends with the coopers in high school. And since the Davis family were known to be quite picky, Lauren and Maya Davis had decided to stay close to family friend. Polly and Maya becoming best friends and same with the other two.