15- Departure

CHAPTER FIFTEEN, DEPARTURE 

"Hi, what can I get you, today?" 

Lauren smiled at the family of four that were seated at a booth in Pop's, the kids were young and had toothy grins on their faces as their parents beamed back at them, Lauren feeling her heart swell. 

"We'll just have one Large Chocolate sundae with four spoons, we'll all share." The father said politely making the kids groan out loud at that, Lauren gives him a tight-lipped look. 

"Are you sure? Your kids don't look too happy about it." Lauren mused, her notepad in her hand as she finished writing their order down. 

"They'll just have to deal with it, won't they?" The mother replied, giving her kids a stern look as Lauren nodded walking away fro their table, punching in the order before calling out to the cook and telling him the order of the previous customer. 

The bell rings, causing Lauren to stand slightly straighter but deflates once more when Jughead enters with his laptop in his hand, he gives Lauren a smile but frowns when he see's that she had left before the others could speak with her.

"Hey, Where were you? You left before I could drop you." frowned the boy, his forehead creasing in thought as the brunette sighed in response. 

"I stayed for a few minutes, I couldn't find any of you so I walked home." Lauren shrugged, grabbing the Ice Cream and taking it to the table that ordered it, offering them a small smile, Jughead followed the girl, taking a seat in his favorite booth. 

Lauren pulled out a few napkins from the pouch that rested on her waist before walking to the booth that the beanie boy sat in, his laptop was propped ahead of him as he waited for the girl to approach him. 

"Are you still mad at Archie?" Jughead questioned suddenly. 

Lauren raised her brows at him, startled by his abrupt question. "He hasn't apologized yet and I'm done running after him and his dumb mistakes."

The retort had made Jughead smirk, his eyes glistening with mischief. 

Lauren rolled her eyes at his smile. "How are you, by the way? I never got to talk to you about the Drive-In. Will you be okay?" 

"Relax, Lauren, I didn't lose my puppy, it's just a cinema." Jughead answered, trying to hide his disappointment for the loss of his workplace.

Lauren gave him a look, mumbling a remark. "No, you're acting worse." 

Jughead finally let a smile creep onto his lips as a laugh escaped his lips as he nudged her arm, making her head fall off her palms. "Go get me, burgers, Laur." 

The girl groaned, before she could stand up a body blocked her way, looking up it was difficult not to gasp from the shock that filled the air between the person and herself. Laughter from both Jughead and Lauren ceased to an abrupt stop as both gape at the girl who had interrupted their amusement.