22- Utter Havoc

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO, UTTER HAVOC 

The moment Cheryl had spoken her very last word, Lauren Davis was ready to leave. Instead of escaping through the crowd of crazy teenagers, Lauren had decided to retreat to Archie's garage where only moments later Jughead had appeared. 

The Last thing Lauren wanted to do was party, or get drunk, she knew the moment she stepped into the household, she would regret it almost instantly, and currently, she was. In her head, Lauren tried to come up with ways she could leave without attracting the attention of anyone with the starting letter of 'C'. 

As Lauren laid on the couch, Archie kept in the garage, Lauren's hand rested on Vegas' head, his head in place as Lauren's fingers roamed his fur, calming not only the dog but the girl too. Lauren didn't like interaction with large crowds, anyone would know that, but dancing in the club, with one known person, sometimes, was something even she didn't mind, and everyone in the house would agree to say that the day was chaos from the morning. 

When Jughead entered, he immediately went to take a seat on the couch that Lauren laid on, he simply grabbed her head, took a seat and propped her head on his knee when Lauren let out a mumbled 'Okay,' 

"I can't believe this is happening." Jughead fumed, his eyebrows were drooped in anger and frustration, his jaw clenched. 

"I can." Lauren answered truthfully, shrugging her shoulders. "This day was set up to be terrible from the beginning, Jug. Let's not lie to ourselves." 

Jughead blew a long breathe. "Can't disagree with that." 

A few moments passed of a deep silence, the two were comfortable, Lauren playing with the dog and Jughead playing with her hair, for a moment it felt like that it was just the two of them, not needing anyone else but each other, because that was the truth. Lauren and Jughead had always been just Lauren and Jughead, until Archie and Betty befriended them, but they never left each other, lately they didn't have time for anybody else, including each other. 

Archie busted through the door, his face dripping with sweat and a smile present on the face. Not even for a moment did he notice the wave of disappointment on the duo's face. "Dude, Valerie just got here, do you think she wants me back?" 

"As long as you're not an asshole." Lauren mumbled, gaining his attention. "Which you are."

"Archie," Jughead interrupted. "As my blood brother, it was your sole responsibility to ensure that none of this ever happened on my birthday. And now we're here, in the middle of a Seth Rogen movie." 

"I think more of Zac Efron." Lauren disagreed, with a hum. 

Jughead shrugged halfheartedly, as Archie scoffed, continuing. "This was Betty's idea, okay? I just went along with it." 

"Which you didn't have to." Lauren chimed in. 

Archie groaned. "God, Lauren, why does every-time you speak to me, filled with annoyance?"