4-Past in Present

CHAPTER 4, 

CHAPTER 4, 

PAST IN PRESENT

Lauren tried really hard to not think about her mother, but your mind tends to do the complete opposite when your not doing anything. At the moment, Lauren was with Jughead walking down the hall, her mind was somewhere else and she could barely keep her eyes open. She had barely gotten an hours sleep as her and the beanie boy were up till early morning, simply talking and that was something they barely did.

Teresa Davis was not a bad mother. In fact, she was a great mother, one who always took care of her daughters, always focused on what was best for them. But when police officers had barged into their home at 1 am with evidence of a supposed murder, done by her own mother, things changed. Lauren and Maya Davis never saw their mother again, though both were allowed to see their mother, they didn't have the guts to.

Murder was a big deal. Ending someones life is a big deal and Lauren didn't know how she could possibly deal with it. One minute her mother was in the Kitchen, a hot mug of coffee in her hands and the next she was thrashing in the arms of The Sheriff, accusing him of lying.

After that, the two daughters never seemed to be happy. Maya Davis moved on with her life whereas Lauren seemed to be stuck. She sometimes wondered how Maya could have forgotten about the deal so quickly. When asked about it, Maya simply said 'I didn't forget, I moved on, you should try it too'

The night couldn't have been more normal then it was. The three Davis' were sat on their dining table, The oldest one with a coffee mug in her hand and the younger ones chewing on Pizza. They were simply talking like any family would. 

"I just don't understand why you wouldn't say anything about it." Maya shrugs her should, pointing at her younger sibling. 

"It's just a small crush, I'll get over it." Lauren says a frown on her face. 

"Yeah, just a small crush." Her sister teased and Lauren laughed.

"Stop!" Lauren laughed, shoving her sister a little.

"Well, I like him and think you guys will be an adorable couple." Teresa Davis smiles just as the a loud banging is heard, coming from the door. All three immediately get up, a look of panic washing over them. 

Maya opens the door, only to be met with the Sheriff and a few deputies rushing in towards Teresa. 

"I'm sorry, Lauren." The Sheriff apologizes. Lauren is too shocked to move as a deputy proceeds to handcuff  the mother of the two girls. 

"What are you doing?" Lauren demanded running over to the cop. "Stop! She didn't do anything."

"Teresa, Davis. You are under arrest for murder. You have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire."