7- Surprises

CHAPTER 7, SURPRISES 

"Lauren!" 

The voice of Veronica Lodge snapped the said girl out of her thoughts, she smiled at her. 

"Betty and I have decided to reconcile and go to Pop's for a milkshake, care to join?" Veronica asked, with a knowing smirk on her face. 

Lauren blushed. "Sure, I cant turn down Pop's" 

Veronica rolled her eyes, "For a minute I thought you wanted to go for me."  

Lauren shrugged innocently. "Okay, maybe you a little too." The girl admitted with a small smile. 

With that the three girls had made their way to Pop's and sat down in their booth as their ordered milkshakes were served. 

"Here you go, two double chocolate and one old-fashioned vanilla." The waiter smiled happily snapping his fingers in delight. 

"Thank you." They chorused back. 

"Betty, Lauren..." Veronica started. "Can we make a vow?" 

Lauren looked at the girl seated next to her and shrugged. "Sure." 

"That no matter what, no boy will ever come between us again?" Veronica said softly. "Deal?" 

Betty and Lauren looked at each other and smiled holding their drinks out. "Deal." 

The girls all clink their milkshakes together as the bell chimes making Lauren's eyes wonder off, drifting to the source. 

Betty turns around too, looking at the two boys that had entered. Her eyes connected with Archie's and Lauren's met Jughead's. 

Something about that boy left her breathless as her heart fluttered at the sight of him, her palms, quite interestingly, start to sweat and as if it was slow motion the two boys approach the table as Veronica notices the stare that Jughead and Lauren were sharing.

Lauren had felt weird feeling before, but this was absolutely fresh, feelings that she didn't realize had been buried for her whole life. Veronica nudged Lauren in the rib making Lauren snap her attention to her, only to be met with a knowing smirk. Lauren blushes unintentionally and lets out a soft sigh before turning her attention to the boy. 

"Do you guys wanna join us?" Betty asks sweetly after the approval of the other two girls. 

"Yes." Jughead replied instantly. "But only if you're treating." 

Lauren lets out a laugh before scooting in and letting Jughead take a seat next to her. 

"Veronica Lodge." The girl introduced. 

"Jughead Jones the Third." The boy grins taking a seat next to Lauren, he smirked and wrapped his arm around Lauren. 

Though for a small moment the teenagers were acting like teenagers, to Lauren all she saw were four people, perfect fit. No odd person. Four meaning equal and she felt unwanted and for the moment she pushed away the feeling.