16-Heartbreak

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, HEARTBREAK 

Dear Lauren,

First things first, I'm so sorry for everything. I know how hard life has been for you, I have my own part in it, I admit. After everything we've been through, I treated you the worst, just know, it's something I never ever wanted to do. I love you with all my heart and leaving you today killed me inside.

I did this for us, I want you to trust me when I say this. Everything I ever did was for you and you only. I know life won't get easier and for that I blame myself, I certainly didn't make it any better.

The bills can't be payed off for this house, it's too much. Go to the apartment dad left for us, okay? I've got everything ready for you, payed off your first months bill and started the process. All you have to do next is move in. You'll find the keys on this note, don't lose them, you can be pretty forgetful.

You have good friends, Laur. Keep them close. Don't try to do what you did last time. You're all I have left, so please don't try and leave me. Don't shut down again, Laur. You're so much stronger than you think, do whatever you can to make yourself happy.

Don't sacrifice your love, Laur. You can't just sit there and put everyone's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love.

Remember this isn't a goodbye, I'll see you as soon as I possibly can. I'll call you whenever I can. Just know, the reason I left, it's to keep you safe. I love you with my whole heart. 

Xxx, Maya

For a moment Lauren Davis sat staring at the wall ahead of her, the folded paper in her hands as she processed every word and every letter on the paper, she hadn't known that her sister had so many unspoken words left, though the letter was barely an apology or an explanation but Lauren was going to hold into it like it was the very last bit of hope. 

Lauren was unsure of how long she had cried with Jughead or even when she got home, somehow Maya had left an eerie vibe in the big house that the brunette never felt the loneliness of but now, knowing Maya was not going to return hurt her. 

For whatever reason the girl had left, Lauren was heartbroken, her only sense of family had left her and she didn't know how long she would have the reason to live. But despite the ache in her heart, Lauren had packed all her clothes, toiletries along with everything she would need for the new house. 

Though Lauren was happy walking to wherever she was needed to go to, Maya and Teresa Davis had left her car, it had belonged to her mother when Maya started using it and now Lauren was. So grabbing every edible item she could find, Lauren stood at the door, a suitcase in hand and two boxes standing next to her. 

Lauren looked around the house, her eyes trailing up the stairs and through the corridor, it was like a bitter goodbye, leaving behind every piece of a family she had, looking once again, Lauren dragged her suitcase behind her with the rest of the boxes in her hand. Lauren put it in her car, grabbing all the keys she now had to take care of and used one to lock her house with.