3-Releasing stressful thoughts

CHAPTER 3,

CHAPTER 3,

RELEASING STRESSFUL THOUGHTS 

Lauren had escaped the dance, much to Betty's dismay and she couldn't help but feel like she had nowhere to go. Even though she did. She could have gone home but instead she decided to go to Pop's. At the time she obviously didn't know Jughead would be there and when she reached she sighed in relief after taking a look at the boy in the beanie. 

"Wow, who would have though Lauren Davis would actually dress up for a dance?" Jughead teased though he couldn't not compliment her.

Lauren faked a laugh. "At least I went." She sighed. "Though I pretty much regret it." 

"And why is that?" Jughead asked as Lauren took a seat next to him. He finally looked away from his screen and focused his attention on the girl. 

"I was just alone." Lauren shrugged taking off her heels. "Betty was with Archie and Veronica was with Kevin. There was honestly know point of me to go." 

"But you did." Jughead deadpanned and Lauren rolls her eyes. 

"No shit Sherlock." She grumbled in response. This time it was the boy's turn to roll his eyes. 

Pop Tate shakes his head as he approaches the table with Lauren's usual order. "You two fight like an old married couple. It's on the house." 

"Thanks Pop." Lauren grinned as she took a sip of her milkshake. 

"You do look really nice though." Jughead states giving the girl a smile. 

Lauren blushes a little. "Thanks." 

******

It was midnight and the pair had not stopped talking, well until Lauren had fallen asleep. Jughead decided not to wake her up until he leaves and he knew that she would much rather not go home. 

Archie Andrew's had messed up big time, many times. But this time he didn't know how big he had messed up. And with that in his mind, he was walking around town looking for one person who would never be mad at him. 

'It was midnight when my old friend Archie Andrews had arrived to the one place in town that was still open. He was looking for the girl next door but found me instead.'

Jughead sat up a little straighter as he noticed a certain red head walk into the shop. As soon as Archie noticed this, he visibly  stiffens. 

"Hey Pop, Betty hasn't come in tonight, has she?" Archie asked. 

"Nope. Just the night hawks." Pop answered, gesturing toward the pair. 

Archie sighs and walks up to the table, grinning as he see's Lauren sleeping on Jughead's shoulder. "She fell asleep?"

"Yup. Not surprised though, she could sleep anywhere." Jughead reply's , shrugging his shoulders slightly. 

"Uh, Can I sit, Jughead?" Archie questions.