18- Beyond Repair

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN, BEYOND REPAIR

"I already told you I wasn't in Riverdale when Jason was murdered!"

Sheriff Keller sighed from across Lauren, rubbing his face in exhaustion as the other girl yelled in frustration. Lauren Davis sat in a white room, her hands were (for no reason) in handcuffs as her brown hair fell over her shoulders loosely, she kept her eyes closed because of her pounding headache that was yet to be treated for.

"Lauren, I need proof that you weren't in Riverdale, can you give me that?" Sheriff Keller questioned, sighing in defeat as he gave her a look of disappointment. "Look, I don't want you to be here." 

"If you didn't want me to be here, I wouldn't be sitting in this seat." Lauren chuckled halfheartedly, speaking sarcastically as she gestured to the handcuffs and shook her head. "Was this necessary, Sheriff?" 

The Sheriff breathed out, opening a file. "Look, your mother was and still is a prisoner, who's to say you aren't following in her footsteps and doing work for here? Also, you were constantly bullied by the soccer team, specifically Jason Blossom and his sister Cheryl along with Chuck Clayton, who you recently got suspended." 

Lauren rolled her eyes, relaxing in the steel, hard stool. "Are you serious? I haven't seen or spoken to my mother since she was arrested, you and I both know this. Being bullied and taking it to murder is a pretty big accusation for someone like you, I assume." 

"Funny, your friend Jughead said the same thing." Sheriff Keller mused. 

Lauren's eyes widen, sitting up straighter with her brows shooting up, she had assumed she was in her a little longer than the boy. "Did he get out?" 

The Sheriff nodded, causing the girl to breathe out a sigh of relief. "I need proof, otherwise, until I don't find the actual murderer you're stuck her, your friends requested to see you but left before I could tell them where you are." 

Lauren slammed her head on the metal as she let a sad smile fall on her face, for some reason she had expected somebody to stay with her, at least putting up somewhat of a fight, at least Betty or Jughead, she had stopped expecting stuff from Archie. It hurt though, she felt absolutely alone in a situation like this, she wanted someone there to comfort, Lauren was starting to lose all sorts of hope from her friends. 

Finally, she put her head up, remembering a certain document that was placed underneath her undergarments in her chest of drawer, it was basically buried in there but in times like this she needed it. Since Maya was out of the question, she quietly requested for someone else. "Do you think you could ask Betty to come?" 

With that said, Lauren sat in the small square room, it had surely been a day since she was 'arrested for suspected murder' and Lauren was already exhausted, her eyes lids felt heavy on her eyes and she was sure there were dark under-eye circles around her eyes, she had hoped she didn't look as bad as she thought but she doubted it.