23- Night to Disaster

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE, NIGHT TO DISASTER 

Lauren Davis often wondered what life would be like if Jason Blossom wasn't murdered, if his body was never found or if he had indeed, runaway with Polly Cooper that day. But fate couldn't be re-written and what happened had already happened, so there was no point for questions to illuminate her mind like they currently were.

It seemed to have been days since the chaotic birthday party that had teenagers throwing looks Lauren's way. It didn't feel like days, it felt like seconds, every moment her eyes closed she was hit with the memories of what had happened that night. 

None of her friends came to visit her.

And a part of her was okay with that, a part of her liked that not even one of the friends she had showed up, because that same part of her wasn't ready for questions. But the other part of her wanted comfort, she needed comfort, she wanted to know people cared about her by asking her if she was okay or calling her constantly. 

And none of them did. 

Lauren couldn't help but imagine what it would be like if she had just left Riverdale with her sister. Her and Maya would be together and she wouldn't need anyone else. And Lauren wasn't the most patriotic person, she didn't have a special connection to the town she had grown up in. Sure, she made friends here that probably lasted all her childhood and she had a home, but none of it mattered anymore. 

She barely had a home, she didn't have her family or her friends so what was the point of having to stay in a town that consisted of terrible memories but no good ones? Lauren couldn't think of a time that had genuinely made her want to stay here. 

Lauren was back at school and she had been avoiding, her friends since the party, Veronica being the only one to reach out to her. 

As Lauren walked down the hallway, the usual peeking eyes of gossiping teens filled the air, however Lauren ignored it, her eyes set on the classroom she was to enter.

"Lauren Davis." A voice announced. 

Lauren turned around hesitantly, to find Reggie trailing behind her like a lost puppy. The boy had his hair gelled back and his Varsity Jacket on, his lips were pulled up into a smirk. 

"You. Me. Homecoming." Reggie declared. 

Lauren raised her eyes up in suspicion, her eyes gleam with reluctance. "Actually, Reggie, I'm not going to Homecoming." 

Reggie's eyes widen momentarily, his eyes sparkle as his jaw drops dramatically. "No way, Davis. You're going." 

"I don't think my social status right now allows me to accept you offer." Lauren states, rolling her eyes as she starts ti walk, the boy beside her. 

"And your social status doesn't decide, in fact when you show up to Homecoming with a very charming Reggie Mantle beside you, you'll be sky-rocketing." Reggie cockily retorted before his eyes soften. "You not going is just going to tell people that you're scared, which I know you're not."