DreamLyte Presents: Fict-O-Con: A Character Interview

Hey everyone. Welcome to my post where I'll be allowing the characters to speak on certain matters pertaining to my new novel THE FALLEN & THE LOST. Please enjoy!

***

HOST: Welcome to Fict-O-Con where fictional characters gather together and give you the inside scoop to their written stories. I'm Charlie and am happy to be here with our new guests. Allow me to introduce a few of the characters from THE FALLEN & THE LOST. Maya Ricci, Matias Moreno, Piper Nette, and Natalie Walker.

*Each character shakes the host's hand, taking a seat at the outstretched table*

+seating chart+

Maya       Matias    Natalie       Piper

                                         |             |             |              |

(table) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- (table)

|

Host Charlie

+

HOST: It's so lovely to meet all of you. How are you guys?

MAYA: Lost.

MATIAS: Fallen.

PIPER: How do you think I feel?

NATALIE: I'm doing just fine. Thank you for asking.

*The host's cheeks burn red. He looks at his note cards*

HOST: Well, knowing the length of your story, as it is currently being written, Maya, you are really struggling. Why do think people like to pick on you?

MAYA: *looks at the host questioningly* I don't know. People see me as a weak person. Maybe I am. Maybe I can't handle things like certain people, but I'm working on it.

HOST: Piper, I for one despise bullying. Why do you insist on making Maya's life a living hell?

PIPER: *rolls her eyes and grins* Because she lets me. Because I like it! I like the fear caressing her eyes and the way she shivers when I smile at her. It makes me feel like the bad things that have happened to me, never existed. I feel in control.

NATALIE: Listen you little rat, I know what you've been through. You think it makes you a god to pick on someone like Maya? She's sweet and honest.

PIPER: Of course, you're going to defend her. You're her cousin.

NATALIE: Cousin or not, it's wrong. I'd kill you if we weren't at this interview.

HOST: Whoa, let's just try to keep things civil. Natalie, I understand your pain. I understand Maya's pain, but violence is never the answer.

MATIAS: I disagree, Charlie. I think if someone like Piper needs to get beaten for a wakeup call, then I wouldn't stop Maya.

PIPER: Please! Maya can't even speak up for herself let alone fight me. And if she tried, she would wish she was dead. I know people, idiots!