EricaSumner13 Presents: A Character Interview with Mauzzy!

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited to be participating in my first Wattpad Block Party! Many thanks to Kelly Anne for putting this fantastic event together. The amount of work she puts into organizing everything is staggering and it isn't lost on me – so THANK YOU Kelly Anne!!!

In my award-winning story, Chronicles of a Wineaux: Chicken Soup Can't Heal Cell Phones, Mauzzy is the main character's beloved—uh—dachshund. Since I have received many comments from readers that they love Mauzzy and want to see more of him, I thought it would be fun to interview the Little Professor. Enjoy!

E. Sumner

Interviewer:  I would like to introduce Mauzzy, Sara Donovan's pet miniature dachshund, in . Thank you for dropping by, Mauzzy. Hop up here and have a seat (motioning to a green wingback chair). Sara, you can sit over there (motioning to a loveseat adjacent to Mauzzy's chair).

 Sara, you can sit over there (motioning to a loveseat adjacent to Mauzzy's chair)

Mauzzy: Thank you. I am so glad you have this opportunity to meet me. And please, I am not Sara's pet. I am the co-main character in the book. I thought my agent made that perfectly clear during negotiations for my appearance. Why do you think discussions are underway for a title change?

Sara: That's a very sore subject for him.

Interviewer: Uh, so sorry, Mr. Mauzzy, I seemed to have missed that point.

Mauzzy: (Yawn and head shake) Yes, indeed you did. And it's just Mauzzy. Although my housemate, Sara, will also call me Mauz, Handsome or Sweet Handsome.

Interviewer: You just mentioned that a possible title change is in the future?

Mauzzy: Yes, our story is currently being edited by a professional editor, Cynthia Luna. It was a first-round winner in the ShoreIndie Contest. Erica has been working with Cynthia to get the story ready for submittal on July 29th to a 3-judge panel for selection of the Grand Prize Winner.

Interviewer: That's fantastic news. How many first-round winners were there?

Mauzzy: A total of ten, including our story. On June 11th, ten editors, including Cynthia, selected one story each from their piles of submissions. You can go to www.shoreindie.blogspot.com to see the ten first-round winning submissions.

Interviewer: Can you tell us the new title?

Mauzzy: I can, although it's not set in stone. Currently, the new title will be Against My Better Judgement, A Mauzzy and Me Mystery. Notice who has top billing? (fierce look at Interviewer)

Interviewer: (Clears throat). Uh, yes, I can see that – again, my apologies.

Mauzzy: (Disinterested look away towards Sara) Accepted.

Interviewer: So, tell us, what's your favorite food?

Mauzzy: Well, it's most certainly not dog food. I am constantly telling Sara I abhor that rubbish, but she keeps feeding it to me. You ever try that stuff? It tastes like salted chewed cardboard. Only worse.