dcompbooks Presents 6 Reasons You Need to Watch The Lost Boys Immediately!

Think you know vampires? There's Edward and Damon and Stefan and Spike and Angel and this is where the sound of a record scratching plays so we can hold the phone for a second.

Don't know what a scratching record sounds like? Like a real scratching record, not just a scratch mixed in with a beat? Here you go:

Now that I have your attention, I'm going to ask you to go back. Back before Spike and Angel, before Damon and Stefan (the CW versions AND LJ Smith's original novel versions from the 90s). Back to a time when AquaNet was killing the atmosphere, the dudes wore more makeup than the chicks and no one blinked an eye, where zubaz and acid wash were a thing (Google it), and neon was everywhere.

Back in the 80s Joel Schumacher created what has become an epic and game-changing vampire movie called The Lost Boys. What originally started its life as a script for a campy kids movie eventually morphed (thank god) into the cult classic that we have today. It's so much a cult classic that in its 30th anniversary year, the movies on the beach showing that Santa Cruz has done every year for the last ten years (because it is home to The Lost Boys, of course, a good chunk of the movie having been filmed at their boardwalk, on the wharf, and around town) garnered a whopping 7,500 person turnout in June of 2017. They even set up a Lost Boys walking tour with a downloadable map to make sure you hit all those Lost Boys landmarks, and the owner of Atlantis Fantasy World (the comic shop in the movie, just not under that name) put on a costume contest to win a set of back issue Reign of Frogs comics (a set of "sequel" comics that were issued about ten or so years ago that are now out of print).

On top of that a glorious man named Paul Davis busted his butt for the last ten months putting together an epic making-of book that includes a pile of stories and interviews we've never heard plus literally hundreds of never-before-seen photos. To help celebrate I'm running my own epic celebration of all things Lost Boys fandom over in my little Wattpad corner, aptly titled The Lost Boys 30th Anniversary Fanfic Contest Extravaganza, #TLB30 for short! You can find it here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/106178739-the-lost-boys-30th-anniversary-fanfic-contest. Everything from fanfiction to fan sites to graphics manipulation and so much more has been highlighted so far.

And the piece de resistance of it all? The contest itself. Find it here:https://www.wattpad.com/403052039-the-lost-boys-30th-anniversary-fanfic-contest. What can you win? A copy of Paul's book signed by the author PLUS all of the actors in attendance at the book premiere at HorrorHound Weekend in Indianapolis next month. And it's gearing up to be an epic event. I want you all to enter because 1) fanfic writing is fun and 2) this is, like, one of the greatest movies ever and I just KNOW you'll love it and want to enter.

So if you're already familiar with the movie, go check out my book and write me some fanfic to judge! If you're not then I think you need these things in your life. These 6 things that showcase just how awesome a movie The Lost Boys is. Ready? Here they are.

Well first, let's start with the trailer.

Looks killer, right? Okay, now on to the THINGS.

1. The Lost Boys started the sexy vampire craze.

 The Lost Boys started the sexy vampire craze