EmMyles Presents: What I've Been Doing With My Life.

After releasing "The Alliance ~ I Declare War" I drifted into the background trying to figure out ways to make my writing better. I wanted to get back to what made me write; what drove me to write the first book. The questions I get a lot from friends and readers are 'What are you doing?' 'Why did you take Kevin off?' 'What about Origins and Forever?' Well, the short answer is I'm working on them, but they are starting to fall under the new arch that I've created with I Declare War. And that's no good because not everyone is going to read I Declare War.

I enjoyed writing the new version a lot and just recently asked myself, "Self

I enjoyed writing the new version a lot and just recently asked myself, "Self...Why didn't you just write an entirely new series using the new plot twist with different character names? My inner voice just shrugged and said on to Jacob." Note it comes out with a girlish squeal of delight because I adore Jacob. Now in my mind, Jacob will always be my k-pop/k-drama heart throb Lee Joon. But let me stop before I start gushing about how versatile an actor he is.

(Here is where a ton of his images would have been if my little sister wouldn't have stopped me.)

I wanted to post a ton of his pictures, but if you're interested in what he looks like he's on the cover of "The Academy ~ Book Two".

Now I can stop pining away for my Lee Joon...at least to you. Below is an actual preview of what I've been up to so without further ado here it is:

Chapter One

Jigu - Tianlong Dorms

Three Weeks Later (Author's Note ~ There's a prologue before this chapter)

The chime on Ebony's handheld had her almost falling out of the small twin size bed in her attempt to answer. After all this time, she still wasn't accustomed to the narrow bed that came with the cubby hole they called a room; the mattress was comfortable, but there was a significant lack of it in the small space. The stupid thing fitted perfectly in the chamber with its stark white walls, floor, and ceiling. The only colors that broke the dullness were the forest green comforter she'd purchased on a shopping spree with Kayla and the row of vibrant red cosmetics she'd lined up on her desk/vanity.

Not wanting to open her eyes Ebony felt on the small clear surface until her fingers brushed against the device. Clumsily she rolled into a sitting position before opening her eyes. In the time she'd been on Jigu, communications from her friends and family had become scares; unless she counted Jarvis breaking up with her during her first week off-world. Pressing her thumb against the flashing silver screen her lips stretched into a smile when Felicity's heart-shaped face appeared.