kristimcm Introduces 'It Ended Online'

Hiya! Kristi here, and I am so excited to be a part of my third Wattpad Block Party! This time, I am giving you all a sneak peak at my latest work in progress, IT ENDED ONLINE, which will begin on Wattpad in early September! You are getting a look at the first chapter before anyone else!

The story is a young adult drama, that I call a Follow Me Back meets Textrovert meets 13 Reasons Why.

I am so excited to share this first chapter with you, and can't wait for the story to begin officially in September!

Major thanks to Kelly Anne for hosting yet another amazing Block Party, and to all of you for reading these posts and supporting Wattpad writers!

* * *

HOW IT CAME TO THIS – Chapter One

October 3

This is so stupid

This is so stupid.

I stare at the screen with an annoyed expression, my fingers placed over the keys as if the words will simply spill from them without my conscious thought. It would be so much easier if they would, because I have no idea what she wants me to say.

I glance to the papers beside me, finding the first few bullets at the top of the page. Since this is my first entry, she wants me to start off with the 'easy stuff'. I snort again, just like I did in her office when she gave me this sheet and the instructions for the online diary she now expects me to keep. New age therapy, she called it. In my mind, it is just a way for me to spill my thoughts and sorrows to a computer screen rather than her, but she still gets paid for it.

My mom said I should be glad I can do this part of my therapy online rather than the 'old fashioned' way of writing in a typical diary. I knew she meant it more as a jab than a supportive remark; since I spend all day on the computer, hidden away in my room, it seems logical that my therapy transcend into the online realm as well. To me, though, spilling my guts to anything or anyone isn't exactly something I am too eager to do.

I've been in therapy for nearly two months, and so far it has been pointless. Twice a week, my mom drives me to the fancy office in downtown LA to meet with Dr. Trepner. Apparently she was recommended to my mom by one of the people she works with. Apparently her daughter went through the same things I am. I doubt that, but I didn't fight back too hard when mom suggested I try therapy. I mean, it isn't like it used to be, right? That only crazy people or serial killers get therapy? Everyone goes now; celebrities, politicians. It's the cool thing. Half the kids in my school are in therapy for one thing or another. Addiction, family drama. Whatever.

Of course, all those kids are the reason I am now joining their ranks on the crazy couch.

I actually enjoy my therapy, even if I don't feel it's getting me anywhere. The drive to downtown from our little house in Glendale is nice. Mom doesn't say much, figuring I am nervous about 'baring my soul' when in reality I am singing One Direction songs in my head as I stare out the window. My time with Dr. Trepner isn't bad, either. She's nice, I suppose, in a quiet, shrink kind of way. She records our sessions on an old tape recorder, rather than writing as I talk. She says it makes her more open to receive my thoughts, rather than closed off with her eyes away from me. I guess I get the point, but figure if she's just going to type the transcripts out later, why make twice the work? It's not like I say much.