A Glimpse

After what happened to that party the monster had stopped bothering me. I would just be encountered with stone cold looks or a few awkward situations.

I was getting bored inside the house so I decided to explore a little bit.

I haven't been to a lot of places in this house. And I didn't wanted to be for a long time, but now I was bored and upset so it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

The third floor for example, I had never been there.

So I decided to explore it. I climb the stairs and get to the third floor of the house. This was the floor where the monster's bedroom was.

As I was walking through the long hall I turn around to look at a big, white room. What got me intrigued was that everything in this room seemed older than the others. The vintage couches, table.. but it looked very classy, good taste decoration and well preserved.

There were also pictures of some people I had never seen before. There was a beautiful classy woman, a man with a mustache and a little boy happy and smiling.

At the end of the beautiful room there was a piano. Yes! A piano! I loved pianos. I had taken piano lessons for three years and I loved it. My family always enjoyed it when I played. 

This reminded me of home. In a moment I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks and I realized I was crying again.

Without even noticing I was sitting in the small  stool desperately trying to reminisce my past.

I touch the keyboard slowly and start playing the first piece that came to my mind.

My Choice was CHOPIN Nocturne. Slowly the sad sounds started to invade the room. The music sounded like teardrops falling down a silver mirror, or like raindrops falling and slowly sliding down the window glass.

I had never played anything when I was this sad. But it was helping me, it was like my own oasis of peace, but so... melancholic. Probably because that's how I felt. And this kind of music understands me. It understands how I feel and unlike the people, it doesn't abandon me. I don't feel lonely... even though I know that I am alone.

The tears weren't stopping and neither did my fingers. The music and the sadness were flowing together like the wind and the river... Becoming one.

I finish playing and I turn my head only to see the monster looking at me. My red puffy eyes were looking directly into his black shining ones. But they looked different. It was a mixture of fury, coldness and... pain? Sadness?

My body starts to become numb and I knew this was a cue for me to stand up and so I did. As I was approaching the door, where he was also standing I noticed that the pain in his eyes was fading and the anger was growing. His hand was in a fist that he was clutching so tight it was trembling and the veins in his neck and forehead were popping. I had never seen him like this.

Terrified I get to the door.

"You need to leave. Now!"-he says trying to restrain himself. He looked like a beast that just electrocuted and I didn't knew why.

I rush out of the room and into the corridor when I hear his yell and smash something. With my whole body shaking I get to my room and lock the door.

After a while the door knocks, but I don't open it.

"Ma'am it's Elena."-she says and I feel myself relaxed.

I open the door and I see her holding some clean clothes for me. She seemed pale.

I take the clothes and ask her:"Are you feeling okay? You look very pale."

She stands a little and speaks:"It's nothing I just heard the piano play today and it remembered me about the past that's all. It was very strange."-she says.-"And than I saw the mess and the sir walking away very angry."

"I.. I played the piano."-I manage to say.

Elena looks at me surprised and worried:"Miss pardon me but that is insane! Why didn't you ask me before you did that thing?"

"It all happened so quickly I was playing before I even noticed. It's just that it reminds me of home.."-I say feeling guilty.

"But you did saw his reaction right? Ma'am you want to remember things on that piano, he wants to forget things from that piano. I am surprised he didn't do anything worse."-she says caressing my face.

"He was trying really hard to maintain control, but I had never seen him so angry, or.. sad."-I say to her.

"That's because that room reminds him of his family. Of his dead mother, she used to play there all the time and the little sir always adores watching her play. Now both of his parents are dead and that makes him sad. You just threw salt in a wound that can never close. The death of the parents is something no one can overcome."-Elena says.

"I apologize."-I say to her feeling guilty.

"It's alright you didn't knew. It's not your fault madam. Now just relax and don't think about it anymore."-she says and leaves the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

***

A/N I hope you liked it!
Lot's of love badgal ❤️