Choose

"I love you too."-I say.

My eyes were now open and I had a perfectly good view of Dario in front of me. He was smiling and holding my hands. His eyes were red so I guess he had been crying.

I was so happy to see him that I didn't even feel tired anymore. I just felt the urge to say it back. Say to him that I loved his as much as he loved me. And nothing could ever change that.

He leans in and kisses me. It was a warm kiss that held so much love. I could feel a tear going down his cheekbone.

"You gave me my life back."-he says after we pull away and I wipe his tears with my hand.

"We will be alright."-I say to him smiling.

A few days later...

I was home. Dario didn't leave my side for one second. We would stay so much close to each other and we started to find out new things about each other. The conversations were so deep and long I was getting more attached to them. I felt my love for him grow day after day.

He would always be so cautious and nice with me. We would listen to music or go out together. I was having actual fun after a very long time.

But I also missed my family. They had no idea about the whole situation that was going on, or the fact that I was shot. Everything had gone so fast. I miss them so much.

I miss my mother's soft face and my sister's smile. I missed them so much. As I think about that I could feel myself becoming sad.

Those thoughts are interrupted when i hear Dario come in.

"Hey, I hope you haven't been bored."-he says and kisses me in the forehead.

"No, of course not, I had plenty of things to do. Even though I've missed you."-I say to him smiling.

"Please come with me."-he says and we sit down in the couch.

"Is everything okay?"-I ask him. I could see that there was something disturbing him.

"Not really, I just keep thinking that I am doing the right thing."-he says looking down.

"What is it? Tell me, we will get through it together. We always do."-I say holding his hand trying to look into his eyes.

"I am afraid this thing is something I will have to go through myself. I can see you Aurora, I can see that you are happy lately and that makes the the happiest man in the world, but I also know that I cannot keep you with me forever. I know how much you miss your family and I know that you want to be with them. When you were in the hospital. I made a promise, if you were going to recover, I would let you go.. now it's time for me to complete my promise."

I didn't knew what to say. He had seen me and what he said was true. I just couldn't believe that he did such a big promise like that. He is willing to let me go if that makes me happy, even if it hurts him.

Then he brings out a small box:
"This was the moment when I realized I had fallen deeply in love with you."

In his hands there was a small box in the shape of a piano. It was white with a little ballerina on top of it. My brain goes to the flashbacks when I first came in contact with the piano in this house, of Dario's reaction and then when I played Debussy for him.

 My brain goes to the flashbacks when I first came in contact with the piano in this house, of Dario's reaction and then when I played Debussy for him

"You made me get back to my humanity. You made me realize that I still had a heart somewhere inside me. I could never forget those moments. You made me be a man I thought was gone a long time ago."

"But now I know what I have to do. I know that I have to give you a chance too. The chance to choose. Do you want to get away? You can be free, all you have to do is ask."

There were now tears on his face. All I could do was caress the little object on my hands. What could I do? 

I knew that I loved my family and I knew that I would never be the same without Dario because I loved him too.

I knew I could have them both.

"I love you."-was all I could say.-"I chose them both."-I say as I embrace and kiss him.

"I love you."-he says kissing me back.